Snyper's Micro Batches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snyper's Micro Batches

Hey all if you will humor me I want to create a new thread dedicated to my micro brews so I can track the results and share the brews with you all.

The reasoning behind the "micro batches" 5l to 10l is many of my friends and family have moved recently so there is less beer being drunk and im not like papa smurf that consumes copious amounts of beer. So I decided let me focus on some micro batches. I can do about 4x batches at a time in my fermentation fridge.

Sorta a home brew challenge but not 1 a week

First brew was a Bock just popped into fermenter OG 1072

Bock.jpg

Look at that beautiful color

Bock 1070.jpg

Decided to use a clear bucket as I love to see everything happening and they R25 a pop also cut a hole and sealed a blow off tube for this.

Bock tub.jpg
    Snyper564
    Last edited by Snyper564; 9 July 2021, 14:18.

Comment

Bock was sitting at 1022 after one day of fermentation and today I can already see everything compacting at the bottom

Comment

WoW, that was quick
        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by Snyper564 View Post
          Bock was sitting at 1022 after one day of fermentation and today I can already see everything compacting at the bottom
          Great stuff.
          Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

Finished fermenting at 1018 so on target (7%-7.2%. Will leave another week before cold crashing etc

Comment

have you had a taste? how sweet is it? it's been my problems with bocks the last little bit. I find them really sweet. I have had mountain brewing co' klipbock, urbock and erdingers bock and find them all really sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jitters View Post
                have you had a taste? how sweet is it? it's been my problems with bocks the last little bit. I find them really sweet. I have had mountain brewing co' klipbock, urbock and erdingers bock and find them all really sweet.
                I have had a little taste and it tastes great, wont say really sweet but it is sweetish - but I believe that to be part of the style though with an FG of 1013 to 1019. Will see how it all balances out once its cold and conditioned and let you know.

Comment

awesome, yes please let me know. It's a style I'm interested in, and I keep going back for more but it always disappoints me.

Comment

I bought a 6-pack Urbock once (Namibian Breweries), wasn't impressed so never bothered to look into ever producing it on homebrew scale
                    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                      I bought a 6-pack Urbock once (Namibian Breweries), wasn't impressed so never bothered to look into ever producing it on homebrew scale
                      Either an acquired taste or it was a bad batch. I guess thats the beauty of homebrew you can make what you want and also find a style that you like.

Comment

Evening all so I decided to forgo the Scottish Heavy till the next batch and instead whipped up a tripel (9L micro batch) even made the candi sugar. FG ended at 1085 and I pitched liquid culture La Trappist yeast

https://byo.com/recipe/tripel-the-light-fantastic/

https://www.brewerschoice.com.au/blo...an-candi-syrup

https://liquidculture.co.za/strains/belgian_ales

Tripel the light.png

Candi.jpg
                        broken.jpg

Comment

And we off first signs of fermentation 24+hours in - lets see how this one goes!

Comment

I've changed over to by labs trappist high gravity strain. Its alot quicker to kick off and it doesnt blow off so hardcore, would love to do a side by side with liquid cultures strain and compare the flavor profile.

Be ready for sustained blow off for the next few days shits about to get bananas

Comment

Originally posted by Jitters View Post
                              I've changed over to by labs trappist high gravity strain. Its alot quicker to kick off and it doesnt blow off so hardcore, would love to do a side by side with liquid cultures strain and compare the flavor profile.

Be ready for sustained blow off for the next few days shits about to get bananas

Never heard of BY Labs till now - is this what you are referring to?

https://www.silicone.co.za/brands/by-labs/

Where do you purchase it?

I have been pre-warned on MYBB about the craziness that is about to ensue I have ensure the blow off tube is on and that there is about 25-30% headspace. Hoping that should be ok

Comment

Working...
                              X