Brewmart KegKing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PaBz0r View Post
    Think he means "good". I am going to take a drive there now to get two kegs.
    awesome please post pics so I can see what we bought :P

Comment

Originally posted by Jitters View Post
      Good or bad quality? the pics I saw online made them look like pretty good quality but having never seen one I don know?
      Yeah sorry, I should have been clearer, I meant good quality.
      Never read anything bad about Kegland or Keg King's kegs.

Comment

Think he means "good". I am going to take a drive there now to get two kegs.
        I would love to do the same, I just have to courier everything which is a pain. Im not waiting to see if they got stock of regulators and will remove the "out of stock" notice on them, I would hate to have to pay courier twice.

Comment

Ok went and got two, they look the part, bit taller and a little thinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket-Boy View Post
            I would love to do the same, I just have to courier everything which is a pain. Im not waiting to see if they got stock of regulators and will remove the "out of stock" notice on them, I would hate to have to pay courier twice.
            Buy a proper regulator! https://beerplus.co.za/product/prima...h-nut/1959/247

The price is now even better than before. With shipping you still paying less..

Comment

Buy a proper regulator! https://beerplus.co.za/product/prima...h-nut/1959/247

The price is now even better than before. With shipping you still paying less..
              Flip, that is a smart call, I need to order a whole lot of malt from them anyway, just wasnt sure if that one would fit a fire extinguisher or not.
              Right, time to order some kegs then

Comment

Interesting collar on them, looks like you could actually stack them with ball lock's connected if your fridge is tall enough.
                They look like good quality, thanks for the pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket-Boy View Post
                  Interesting collar on them, looks like you could actually stack them with ball lock's connected if your fridge is tall enough.
                  They look like good quality, thanks for the pics.
                  That reminds me to check that again.. Seeing as these are a bit thinner, I might be able to fit 3 at the bottom of the keezer.

Comment

I see.. weird. Richard sells them for cheap R25+/- and I see they also have, but are pricey: https://brewmart.co.za/shop/index.ph...&search=poppet

Bit expensive yes
                    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Thanks for this. They look real pretty!! And a real nice price for them. Excited for my shipment

Comment

My kegs just arrived, havent had a chance to unpack them but I just found something that really annoys me
                        I realized that I needed another picnic tap, so I figured I may as well bite the bullet and get the Kegland secondary regulators at the same time.
                        Looking more closely I found that Kegland uses 5/16" or 8mm for everything, the ball lock disconnects for gas, lines, JG fittings etc that I bought from Brewmart a while ago are all 3/8"
                        So now I have a dilemma, I have a spunding valve on 8mm which is fine, it works separately. I also have a flowstopper for closed transfers... will need to incorporate that with the spunding valve I guess.
                        So now the real problem, I cant plug a 3/8" line into the secondary regs or MFL to duotight because its 8mm. So do I just give up on the couple of meters of beer/gas line I bought and replace with evabarrier in 8mm(along with connectors) or do I just get over it and stay at 3/8" without the ability to set different service pressures?

My wife wants hard seltzer on tap and I will have beer in the other keg. Seltzer wants around 4-6 volumes of co2 vs around 2.5 volumes for my normal styles.
                        This is why I want the secondary regs, one keg will remain at around 30 psi with the other around 11-14 psi.

Any brilliant suggestions? I know you guys are always full of smart ideas that I havent thought about

Comment

I bit the bullet and replaced everything with EvaBarrier. The fact that it is for both Ggas and beer had me sold, and I absolutely hated the rigid gas line and the fact that I could not find push fitting for 3/16 beer line.

Eva barrier and doutight for me was the best solution. I love the fact that I can easilly disconnect everything for cleaning and chop and change fitting as needed. also kegland stuff is cool as shit

Comment

My kegs came this morning. they look very well made. they even have a nice hook in the lid to allow you to keg hop easily.

I just need to find something sanitary to attach the hop tube to the lid. any ideas?

Comment

+1 replace with evabarrier & connectors.

You'll more than likely find other use for the old lines and connectors ... like get one of those KL red caps ... then you use the old stuff to transfer beer or whatever to PET ... or to clean lines ... ideas are endless
                              The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                                +1 replace with evabarrier & connectors.

You'll more than likely find other use for the old lines and connectors ... like get one of those KL red caps ... then you use the old stuff to transfer beer or whatever to PET ... or to clean lines ... ideas are endless
                                Looks like that will be the best option then. Oh well, its not like getting in kegging is a cheap exercise at the best of times!

Comment

Working...
                                X