Hitting a slow patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitting a slow patch

So as you all know I've been making beer kits for a bit of extra income. So a while ago someone ordered a few kits, and him being a repeat customer I didn't think funny of it when I didn't get the payment as promised. Eventually the guy never paid and I sat with the kits, which I eventually just fermented out and gave to friends and family, because they have a lifespan.

However, since then I've been totally demotivated when it comes to brewing. I'd love to, but I have no more of that passion or fire to do it. It feels to me like there's just so much else I would rather do, and it's totally killing my pride for brewing now. I mean I entered a competition that's in a month, and I haven't even started the beers for it yet. I just feel like, I dunno, like the hobby is, for now at least, a bummer.

Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
    So as you all know I've been making beer kits for a bit of extra income. So a while ago someone ordered a few kits, and him being a repeat customer I didn't think funny of it when I didn't get the payment as promised. Eventually the guy never paid and I sat with the kits, which I eventually just fermented out and gave to friends and family, because they have a lifespan.

However, since then I've been totally demotivated when it comes to brewing. I'd love to, but I have no more of that passion or fire to do it. It feels to me like there's just so much else I would rather do, and it's totally killing my pride for brewing now. I mean I entered a competition that's in a month, and I haven't even started the beers for it yet. I just feel like, I dunno, like the hobby is, for now at least, a bummer.
    Damn that sucks, sorry to hear mate.
    Its amazing how a bad event can really put a damper on a hobby that you normally enjoy.

For me it was wood turning, and more specifically pens. I took an order from a friend that had a marketing company and fulfilling that order meant I slept 3 hours a night for more than a week. The rest of the time was either working my normal job or batching out pens. I will most likely never turn another pen and Im reluctant to turn anything else, it was that much of pain.

With you though Im sure you will find the passion again, you always like to learn new things and push the boundaries, Im sure there are many left to push.
    Maybe give the brewing a bit of a rest and focus more on distilling for a while?

Comment

The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Sucks bud.. it really takes the wind out of your sails when someone takes your passion and effort for granted and doesn't appreciate the product.

As rocket-boy said maybe focus on something else for a bit or brew something else.. mead, cider or wine? it almost sounds like you are a bit burned out to much brewing as a job and not enough brewing for yourself, maybe do a few experiments that you had kicking around in the back of your head.

Comment

Yeah I'm now doing stuff around the house, building things for the kids, doing just random stuff to keep my mind off the brewing for a bit. I'll never give the hobby up completely, but yeah I'm definitely a bit "bummed out" at this stage. Not sure if it's because of the "doing it for a bit of income" bit, IDK. I also lost my entire brewery space (turned it into a flat, need the income), so perhaps that's also a part of it (never thought of it that way, actually).

Just hoping I'll get back into it soon. Perhaps giving the distilling thing a shot isn't a bad idea. I need to make more rum soon anyway, and I've got to get my next batch of whisky also going.

Comment

Working...
          X