• Show
Clear All

• Dry Lutra

https://omegayeast.com/yeast/kveiks/dried-lutra-kveik

Looks like the yanks are getting some nice new yeast options

Originally posted by Jitters View Post
    https://omegayeast.com/yeast/kveiks/dried-lutra-kveik

Looks like the yanks are getting some nice new yeast options
    I have always wanted to try Lutra, seen so many brewers who liked it on Youtube.

Comment

Sounds like my kind of kveik
      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Yeah marketed specifically for pseudo-lagers and pilsners? That looks like the business!

Comment

Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
          Yeah marketed specifically for pseudo-lagers and pilsners? That looks like the business!

I think it's basically the only yeast Jigs and Dewald uses. same one right?

Comment

They use Oslo, but yeah basically sounds the same

Comment

Oslo is marked the same, curious to see how this would compare though

Comment

Oslo is just such a clean yeast when fermented at 25C, can't imagine having to test something else that will do the same job..

That being said, the Pilsner I recently made with LC077 is really crisp and refreshing, something the Oslo cannot do. It's either 2 1/2 weeks fermenting with LC077 or 7 days with Oslo, the only difference is how crisp the LC077 makes the beer....I can only think that Lutra will be the same as the Oslo and not give you that 'crispiness' (that is such a kak word, crispiness!)

Comment

Im on Oslo at the moment, until im gatvol

money is tight, so I try to brew as cheap as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
                    Oslo is just such a clean yeast when fermented at 25C, can't imagine having to test something else that will do the same job..

That being said, the Pilsner I recently made with LC077 is really crisp and refreshing, something the Oslo cannot do. It's either 2 1/2 weeks fermenting with LC077 or 7 days with Oslo, the only difference is how crisp the LC077 makes the beer....I can only think that Lutra will be the same as the Oslo and not give you that 'crispiness' (that is such a kak word, crispiness!)
                    May be a crap word, but I think we all know exactly what you mean with it, and that's the reason I spend money on a lager yeast. When doing the effort in making a good lager, I'd much rather spend that extra R60 on lager yeast that'll give me that crisp than end up with a mediocre beer that's not bad, but lacks what I want and like in my lagers.

Comment

Most of us don't make Lagers...SAB comes to mind...

Comment

Originally posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
                        Most of us don't make Lagers...SAB comes to mind...
                        Going to SAB for Lagers is like going to Teazers for a wife. Sure it'll work, but you won't be happy for long.

Comment

Going to SAB for Lagers is like going to Teazers for a wife. Sure it'll work, but you won't be happy for long.

That's not nice

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                            That's not nice
                            Like Castle Lager then? Sorry, I was never against SAB and I'll still drink it if offered, but man I've grown to taste something in Castle and Castle Lite that really puts me off. A sharp, sugary bite that just screams "cheeeeeep" to me. I dunno why.

Comment

Like Castle Lager then? Sorry, I was never against SAB and I'll still drink it if offered, but man I've grown to taste something in Castle and Castle Lite that really puts me off. A sharp, sugary bite that just screams "cheeeeeep" to me. I dunno why.

My remark was towards the Teazers part. You have no idea who here might have family in that industry and that's a clap in their face making a remark like that. Your statement makes it sounds like you look down on those that's working in that industry and if you do, you should take some time and educate yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X