Neipa hops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
    I nearly started up my kettle when i read this apa plan of yours! With that amount of hops it you should name it the pan galactic gargle blaster!
    But except for a slice of lemon. It would be like getting hit on the face by a slice of peach wrapped around a gold brick

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Haha, I will make it and let you know how it comes out!!

Comment

Will be brewing a NEIPA the weekend with Hallertau Huell Melon. (fruity with flavors and aromas of honeydew melon, strawberry and hints of apricot).
      Never used this hop before got it from BevPlus for R206 a kg. I think it will work well in a NEIPA.
      Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

Please let us know how it comes out. I'm going to be brewing plenty of them and having a list of hops that work well with them will be nice.

Currently I have planned.

1. Galaxy, Mosaic, citra
        2. Sublime, Passion, Mosaic

Would like to do a few other variations.

Comment

Thanks, I might put something together based on that
          The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Prevoius NEIPA, one with Cascade and one with Southern Passion.
            Used the same amount of hops in both, the Soutern Passion had more flavour and arome than the Cascade.
            That being said it was with German Cascade, will try one in the future with American Cascade.

Comment

^ At the price, Im actually happy with the flavour I get from the German Cascade.

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                ^ At the price, Im actually happy with the flavour I get from the German Cascade.

Yes excellent price and the hop is not bad.
                In May I got some American Cascade at BevPlus for R408 kg.
                Did a Blonde with it recently and felt there is more flavour and arome.
                Thats why I want to try it in a NEIPA so I have some comparison to the one made with the German Cascade.

Comment

Hops have arrived, thanks @Jitters. Just a question the Galaxy I can't make out what AA you wrote

Comment

Originally posted by PaBz0r View Post
                    Hops have arrived, thanks @Jitters. Just a question the Galaxy I can't make out what AA you wrote
                    Sorry was a bit gatvol when I got to the galaxy. it was 17.1%

Comment

Shot, can sort of make it out now! I see your vacuum sealing skills have also improved

Comment

Sorry was a bit gatvol when I got to the galaxy. it was 17.1%
                        Im sure mine says 17.7 .... but will double check when I cut it open over the weekend

Comment

Originally posted by PaBz0r View Post
                          Shot, can sort of make it out now! I see your vacuum sealing skills have also improved
                          Haha thanks for the laugh but my vacuum sealing skills have not improved. you would be surprised how long it takes to repackage, and how frustrated one can get when the seal does not take.
                          Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                          Im sure mine says 17.7 .... but will double check when I cut it open over the weekend
                          Jigs would be correct I just went to go check the actual packaging. ekt so lelik geskryf ek het myself confuse.

whats your plan jigs? also the galaxy is super fresh it's sticky like preemo weed and super dank let us know how it comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jitters View Post
                            H<>

Jigs would be correct I just went to go check the actual packaging. ekt so lelik geskryf ek het myself confuse.

whats your plan jigs? also the galaxy is super fresh it's sticky like preemo weed and super dank let us know how it comes out.
                            thinking of doing a "jigs version" of the one posted by Alex in post #43

Will skip the flaked rye ... want to taste the hop and not the malt.

Will bitter with magnum and keep the rest the same ... must still work on the recipe.

Comment

Thanks for organizing Jitters, hops happily waiting in the freezer for the next brew.
                              What vacuum sealer are you using? seems to do a pretty good job and Im looking around for one at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket-Boy View Post
                                Thanks for organizing Jitters, hops happily waiting in the freezer for the next brew.
                                What vacuum sealer are you using? seems to do a pretty good job and Im looking around for one at the moment.
                                BENNETT READ VACUUM SEALER | Kitchen Gadgets | Kitchen Gadgets | Kitchen Appliance Sets | Small Appliances | Appliances | Makro Online Site

this guy, it had the best reviews and the bags are on special for R160 for 2 rolls.

Comment

Working...
                                X