Neipa hops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jitters View Post
    I also bought a Bennett Read vacuum sealer from Makro .. seems to do the job well.. plus bought 2 extra rolls sealer bags.. I then take the bulk hops and seal them in 100g bags.

Comment

@Jitters .. what where your intentions with the Sublime hops? Use in NEIPA's ?

Thinking of brewing a SAPA tomorrow using mostly sublime.
      Anyway ...

Comment

Originally posted by AlexBrew View Post
        @Jitters .. what where your intentions with the Sublime hops? Use in NEIPA's ?

Thinking of brewing a SAPA tomorrow using mostly sublime.
        Anyway ...

Tried Sublime once ... never again
        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
          Tried Sublime once ... never again

aI .. OK..
          Think I will still continue making the sublime pa.. I've been through a series of making South African pale ales .. to date made
          Southern Queen: SDawn, SQueen
          Southern Passion Blend: SBlend, SPassion
          Southern Promise: Magnum, SDawn, SQueen, SPromise
          Passionate Star: SStar, SPassion (Good combo this !)

To add;
          Southern Sub: 30min boil T90 Blend. SubLime
          AlexBrew
          Last edited by AlexBrew; 27 November 2021, 22:24.

Comment

Yes sir beeroholic told me aboiut his all sa NEIPA so want to do a southern star, passion and sublime NEIPA. Sublime was cheap enough that I justt went in on it, not alot of though applied

Comment

Yep did a NEIAPA with Southern Passion, knocked my socks of, was a great beer
              Did one with Cascade, prefered the one with Soutern Passion.
              Bottled one done with Hull Melon, will be tasting next weekend.
              Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

Yes sir beeroholic told me aboiut his all sa NEIPA so want to do a southern star, passion and sublime NEIPA. Sublime was cheap enough that I justt went in on it, not alot of though applied

Ok cool..
                I did some research into neipa's and see your selection of Mosaic, Galaxy and Citra seems like a standard neipa combo that works..
                AlexBrew
                Last edited by AlexBrew; 28 November 2021, 13:53.

Comment

What really? Did it at least get to the exporter? I'm really sorry to hear that bud.
                  So my hops finally showed up
                  Turns out my exporter forgot about them in the back of his car.... what an ass!

Comment

Originally posted by hopingmadinZam View Post
                    So my hops finally showed up
                    Turns out my exporter forgot about them in the back of his car.... what an ass!

eish man, Glad they finally arrived, but if they have been in a hot car for months I dont know how good they are still going to be. Make a brew and let us know!! and seconded what an absolute ass

Comment

My guess he thought it was a different kind of herbal flower and wanted to keep it for himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
                        My guess he thought it was a different kind of herbal flower and wanted to keep it for himself.
                        LMAO, wonder how that surprise went down. Cant be the best thing in the world to smoke.

Comment

@ Jitters.. have you had a thought into to Citra/Mosaic/Galaxy hop combinations and hop ratios per liter wort. I see online some use 75/50/25 for whirlpoolong and double that for a 1x dry hopping.. Does that seem right? Then comes the T75/T90 factor .. deduct 30% by weight for the T75 ?

Comment

Im going 150gr citra, 100gr mosiac and 50gr galaxy split between whirlpool and dry hop

My initial attempt was according to the below but without galaxy I used acazza as replacement at 100gr.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads...6/post-8203827

Ill see how this comes out and then start playing around with ratio's till I get something I'm happy with.

Im brewing v2 tomorrow.

https://share.brewfather.app/rqzzjMZ5s58MXA

I subsitituted some grain with what I have but basically same as v1. Im happy with the grain bill, but would like to experiment with Spelt when I can get some.

Comment

Cool thx for sharing all you information

Comment

The Galaxy hop doesn't give me a nice bittering like other hops.

I had 5g at 30min, 15g at 20min, 15 at 10min, 15g at FO ... and some in DH

61 IBU ... my bu:gu ratio was on the top end of IPA

Nice and fruity/peachy but the bitterness that stays on the tongue is weird ... like shewing on the pith of an orange or eating the stones/seeds of the peach

The Galaxy SMaSH is still in the fermenter ... will see if that turns out better.
                                The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Working...
                                X