• Show
Clear All

Just phoned MetraClark in Pretoria West
    They will supply to me at just below R400 for a 15m roll, 3/8 " dia

Now I just need to find the time to drive there in office hours
    Cheers

Jacques

Comment

One more question though: I am guessing 0.61mm wall thickness is OK as I am not planning on high pressure application for the exchanger
      Cheers

Jacques

Comment

It's fine - there isn't really any pressure as it is an open system.
        Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

Comment

All I can say is respect to Simon's work. It is not very easy to do such a neat coil setup
          Cheers

Jacques

Comment

Originally posted by pretorjn View Post
            All I can say is respect to Simon's work. It is not very easy to do such a neat coil setup
            Thanks

I've had enough practice. I've built enough of them

Comment

As a matter of interest this is the chiller I made for my 5 liter batches. The one end is attached to a submersible aquarium pump which is placed in a sink full of water and blue ice bricks. The return just pumps back into the sink.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394814186.144523.jpg

Comment

Wow!!!!! I can certain learn from the Jedi master of copper tube bending
                Cheers

Jacques

Comment

My feeble attempt

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394820783.794164.jpg
                  Cheers

Jacques

Comment

Originally posted by pretorjn View Post
                    My feeble attempt
                    Feebleness has little to do with effectiveness (or looks)

A Porsche doesn't get you through Jozi traffic any faster than a Hilux does.

Comment

So he says! Without a pre chiller it cooled down both pots to 23 degree is 20 minutes. This is the stuff that makes us thankfull!
                      Cheers

Jacques

Comment

Originally posted by SimonB View Post
                        As a matter of interest this is the chiller I made for my 5 liter batches. The one end is attached to a submersible aquarium pump which is placed in a sink full of water and blue ice bricks. The return just pumps back into the sink.

That photo could have been taken in my kitchen as we have the exact same double sink and mixer...
                        Slainte Mhaith!!

Comment

In between fighting small children and beer projects Brett collected his artwork.

Hope it works for you.

Comment

Not only the chiller, also a bottle of jalapeņos saison and a bottle of stout! Very much enjoyed! Will reciprocate soon!
                            bluemountainbrew.co.za

Primary:
                            Secondary: Apple & Cranberry Wine, Strawberry Wine, Mead,
                            Conditioning:
                            Bottled/Kegged: Black Ale/BIPA (SYSF)
                            Next Up:​ ?Chocolate Peanut Butter Stout?

Comment

So which copper tubing size should I actually use? 3/8" or 1/2". The 1/2" fittings I can buy at the general hardware store. Never saw any 3/8 around.

Comment

1/2" is normal plumbers fittings. 3/8" is for industrial cooling and refrigeration. Use which ever you want, but 3/8' has more surface area per unit volume of water flowing through it - more efficient.

Comment

Working...
                                X