No announcement yet.

Dishwasher/Washing machine pump??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apologies for the late response. I've only used that pump to pump the cooled down wort from my boiler into the fermenter, so unfortunately I've no idea at all how it would handle high temps.

Originally posted by Iventer View Post
    Hi

Have you had any problems with this pump pumping hot wort?

Thanks

Comment

It would throttle the discharge side . These pumps are not positive displacement so there will not be a large pressure increase
      If you see spelling mistakes in my posts, use as many of the goodies below as required to fix it!
      ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
      abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789

Comment

Originally posted by Rory. View Post
        Thanks for the info Greg!
        Right so I went to Tecsa yesterday to get a pump. The sales guy reckons he sells more of these to beer brewers than to repairmen, for the princely sum of 225 ront:
        Hi Rory

where did you find pipes to fit to this?

Comment

I use reinforced nylon pipe. Should fit the inlet and outlet fine if you warm the pipe up with boiling water and clamp it properly.
          Can't remember if the outlet spigot or the inlet spigot is bigger, but I do know they differ.

Comment

Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
            I use reinforced nylon pipe. Should fit the inlet and outlet fine if you warm the pipe up with boiling water and clamp it properly.
            Can't remember if the outlet spigot or the inlet spigot is bigger, but I do know they differ.
            Thanks Jakes, any suggestion on supply store... Builders in my experience has been pretty useless...

Comment

I'll have to scratch around and remember where I bought. It was one of the hardware supply stores as far as I recall.

Mine looks like this:

- - - Updated - - -

Mine looks like this:
              Attached Files

Comment

Quick reply stuffed that response up, didn't it!

Comment

Thanks a million. My search will start Saturday! Hopefully find it so I can test my new pump out on Sunday!

Comment

Hi all try hose centre http://hosecentre.co.za/

Comment

I just purchased my B111-P (same as Rory's) from Tecsa for a few rand less than R300.

Now to figure out how to connect it!

Comment

Originally posted by AtronSeige View Post
                        I just purchased my B111-P (same as Rory's) from Tecsa for a few rand less than R300.

Now to figure out how to connect it!
                        Why didn't you buy more??
                        Primary: APA
                        Bottled: Quad, tripel, K@K red ale
                        Keg 1: Weiss. 2: Weiss. Keg 3: Air. Keg 4: Air
                        Next up: world domination

Comment

Hi Atron, not sure what your pump looks like but for the inlet and outlet on mine I used a threaded brass tube sold in most plumbing suppliers. I simply used it to 'tap' its own thread into the plastic housing. It was a neat fit and did not split the housing. I then 'clamped' it with a hose clamp to deal with any expansion. You can then thread any coupling onto that, it has worked for me for 2 years.
                          I spent 90% of my money on brewing and drinking beer and the other 10% I wasted

Comment

^ pics?
                            The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by DieBaas View Post
                              Why didn't you buy more??
                              Because I have purchased 4 pumps in the past 3 weeks, 3 of them were too weak to move water 1 m up and then through a coil. So I am not buying multitudes until I know it works!

If this one works, I will buy more. I will have one for mashtun to HLT (to do step mashes) , one for mashtun to mashtun (sparging) and one for kettle to kettle (whirlpool).

Maybe one more for pumping beer into my face while brewing!

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster View Post
                                I used a threaded brass tube sold in most plumbing suppliers. I simply used it to 'tap' its own thread into the plastic housing. I then 'clamped' it with a hose clamp to deal with any expansion.
                                Thanks for the idea! Mine appears to have different sizes, so I will have to check that I get the right stuff.

My main problem is the tubing. There is a tubing place close to my house that will hopefully be open tomorrow so that I can get some good tubes.

Comment

Working...
                                X