Page 243 of 257 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 2566

Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    Is the Distilling thread broken ?

I searched for it. I can't find it. I've asked Simon to create a new Distilling section though, because it does break up the beer discussions and while I love a good derail, it's not nice here.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    I searched for it. I can't find it. I've asked Simon to create a new Distilling section though, because it does break up the beer discussions and while I love a good derail, it's not nice here.
    Can't you continue here > https://www.wortsandall.co.za/showth...6-Distillation
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    Thanks. I searched for that for quite a while.

My Light Lager has been fermenting at 13C for two weeks now. Pulled it out of the freezer for a 2 day rest at room temp while the freezer drops to 4 deg for the cold crash and lagering.
    First time doing a proper Lager, keen to see how it turns out in about 2 months

Pitched US-05 yesterday in an APA, dry hopping with 100g Citra, also my first dry hop.

Expanding the norm, for me

Very easy to get a high gravity wort.

Start with a high SG and then boil the crap out of it. If it works for the belgians, it'll work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BackOffMyBrew View Post
    My Light Lager has been fermenting at 13C for two weeks now. Pulled it out of the freezer for a 2 day rest at room temp while the freezer drops to 4 deg for the cold crash and lagering.
    First time doing a proper Lager, keen to see how it turns out in about 2 months

Pitched US-05 yesterday in an APA, dry hopping with 100g Citra, also my first dry hop.

Expanding the norm, for me
    Sounds nice! Haven't attempted a propper lager yet. The APA sounds awesome, citra is one of my tot 2 hops. Good timing on the brews two so you wont end up finishing the lager before its ready

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jannieverjaar View Post
    Sounds nice! Haven't attempted a propper lager yet. The APA sounds awesome, citra is one of my tot 2 hops. Good timing on the brews two so you wont end up finishing the lager before its ready

Indeed, I'll likely be brewing again this weekend, probably another blonde ale or something easy drinking to keep me going for the next two months, I have more US-05 in the fridge that is getting hungry

I brewed the Mad Giant Killer Hop over the weekend, and dry hopped with the 2g/l as recommended (african queen and southern passion), but I have a feeling it's not enough, 100grams in 50 liters of beer, just doesn't cut it, I think I will add another 100grams of Southern passion tonight...

Now you're talking! Cant be called killer hop with 2g/l. Maybe if you use the citras of the world but with SA hops i like adding a bit more just in case

I'm keen to see how 100g in 20lt comes out