Page 243 of 257 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 2566
  1. #2421
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    1,772

    Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    Is the Distilling thread broken ?

    I searched for it. I can't find it. I've asked Simon to create a new Distilling section though, because it does break up the beer discussions and while I love a good derail, it's not nice here.

  2. #2422
    Senior Member JIGSAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    2,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    I searched for it. I can't find it. I've asked Simon to create a new Distilling section though, because it does break up the beer discussions and while I love a good derail, it's not nice here.
    Can't you continue here > https://www.wortsandall.co.za/showth...6-Distillation
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!


  3. #2423
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    1,772
    Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    Thanks. I searched for that for quite a while.

  4. #2424
    My Light Lager has been fermenting at 13C for two weeks now. Pulled it out of the freezer for a 2 day rest at room temp while the freezer drops to 4 deg for the cold crash and lagering.
    First time doing a proper Lager, keen to see how it turns out in about 2 months

    Pitched US-05 yesterday in an APA, dry hopping with 100g Citra, also my first dry hop.

    Expanding the norm, for me

  5. #2425
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Hartbeespoort/De Wildt
    Posts
    1,618
    Very easy to get a high gravity wort.

    Start with a high SG and then boil the crap out of it. If it works for the belgians, it'll work for you.

  6. #2426
    Quote Originally Posted by BackOffMyBrew View Post
    My Light Lager has been fermenting at 13C for two weeks now. Pulled it out of the freezer for a 2 day rest at room temp while the freezer drops to 4 deg for the cold crash and lagering.
    First time doing a proper Lager, keen to see how it turns out in about 2 months

    Pitched US-05 yesterday in an APA, dry hopping with 100g Citra, also my first dry hop.

    Expanding the norm, for me
    Sounds nice! Haven't attempted a propper lager yet. The APA sounds awesome, citra is one of my tot 2 hops. Good timing on the brews two so you wont end up finishing the lager before its ready

    Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

  7. #2427
    Quote Originally Posted by jannieverjaar View Post
    Sounds nice! Haven't attempted a propper lager yet. The APA sounds awesome, citra is one of my tot 2 hops. Good timing on the brews two so you wont end up finishing the lager before its ready

    Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
    Indeed, I'll likely be brewing again this weekend, probably another blonde ale or something easy drinking to keep me going for the next two months, I have more US-05 in the fridge that is getting hungry

  8. #2428
    I brewed the Mad Giant Killer Hop over the weekend, and dry hopped with the 2g/l as recommended (african queen and southern passion), but I have a feeling it's not enough, 100grams in 50 liters of beer, just doesn't cut it, I think I will add another 100grams of Southern passion tonight...

  9. #2429
    Now you're talking! Cant be called killer hop with 2g/l. Maybe if you use the citras of the world but with SA hops i like adding a bit more just in case

    Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

  10. #2430

    I'm keen to see how 100g in 20lt comes out

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •