Page 179 of 226 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 2252

Solid recipe, agree 2% Melanoiden wil give it something extra.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    I value your experience more than your opinion - You could but you shouldn't - You should but I wouldn't - Time is on your side, never rush a beer - Have fun, its only beer - Don't believe all the crap you read on the www

Thanks. Will add the 2%.
    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Bourbon in the making. Also doing a NorEast Best Bitters on MondayIMG-20191213-WA0011.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Stuck at work. Really wanted to brew today. I joined the black Friday madness at brewcraft. So I'm excited to get brewing with all the new ingredients (including kveik). Will see tomorrow.........

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Altbier brewed at session strenth - 1.044 colour is more like a Red ale than a amber/copper coloured Alt
    IMG-20191214-WA0000.jpg
    Last edited by Harhm; 9th January 2020 at 11:06.
    I value your experience more than your opinion - You could but you shouldn't - You should but I wouldn't - Time is on your side, never rush a beer - Have fun, its only beer - Don't believe all the crap you read on the www

Quote Originally Posted by groenspookasem View Post
    Bourbon in the making. Also doing a NorEast Best Bitters on MondayIMG-20191213-WA0011.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Decided to brew that Bitters today, recipe I made called for a 1.046, slammed a 1.046 on the nose. 80% BH efficiency with 4kg fermentables, still loving the wortometer, chilled the batch to 33C using 30l of tap water (no ice). I'll run the whiskey tomorrow.

So far I'm having a SMaSHing boxing day!
    Mashing in my Vienna as I tipe this. I recieved my order of SA hops so I'm testing out the XJA in this one. Calling it a Blonde (only 22IBU) but adding 30g to dry hop so it's almost a Pale ale. I'm trying to understand the hops character so dry hop is non negotiable! Hope this turns out well.

BTW. Anyone notice a 5% drop in eff. When using SAB malt vs. Best?

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

^ Nice One

Besides the crap eff I usually get from Walts Malts, I don't actually recall every having problems with SAB or any other make for that matter.
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

I don't think you will be disappointed with the XJA. I rediscovered it by dry hopping my smash, also 30g in 18L. Delish.
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

There are actually at least 2 SAB malts - HFM and MFM - You can see this marked on the sacks.
    I believe it stands for High Fermentability Malt and Medium Fermentability Malt - forget where I heard that nugget of info.
    But yes, I do get less efficiency from SAB Malt than others - why I've chosen to stick with a single brand of malt whenever possible. (Chase the consistency!)