Page 290 of 302 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292300 ... LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 3012

Did my blondie biscuit today and also noticed a black fleck or 2. Oh well. Hit my numbers spot on and it's in the cube tonight, ready to be pitched on a fresh US-05 cake tomorrow when I bottle my 1st cascade adventure.

Bottled last night and was left with the US-05 trub/yeast. I couldn't get it over my heart to pour the new clean wort into the dirty fermentor so I cleaned it first, then chucked half the trub/yeast across (other half is in the fridge) and then glug-glug'd the wort out of the cube. There were bubbles everywhere. Into the fridge it went at 20 degs and 6 hours later and there was a massive krausen present. Much bigger than the 1st batch's dry pitch.

In my excitement I forgot to "sieve" the cube to remove hops so now all is in the fermenter. Oh well. Live and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by BruHaha View Post
    Bottled last night and was left with the US-05 trub/yeast. I couldn't get it over my heart to pour the new clean wort into the dirty fermentor so I cleaned it first, then chucked half the trub/yeast across (other half is in the fridge) and then glug-glug'd the wort out of the cube. There were bubbles everywhere. Into the fridge it went at 20 degs and 6 hours later and there was a massive krausen present. Much bigger than the 1st batch's dry pitch.

In my excitement I forgot to "sieve" the cube to remove hops so now all is in the fermenter. Oh well. Live and learn!
    I NEVER sieve ... everything from the cube goes straight into the FV
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    I NEVER sieve ... everything from the cube goes straight into the FV
    I've never NOT sieved... 1st time for everything I suppose

Uhm... it exploded

1.jpg

How to fix... Clean up / re-sanitise and then replace everything?

Uhm... it exploded

1.jpg

Just push the lid back and leave it alone.

Uhm... it exploded

1.jpg

I had that once, just used a spray bottle with sanitizer and sprayed off all the excess on the lid and rim of bucket till failry clean, cleaned out airlock and resealed, fermentation continued as normal.

PS. i did not remove the lid from the bucket for fear of exposing the wort to oxygen, just opened slightly and worked my way around the bucket. only removed the airlock for cleaning.

Looks like you had a healthy fermentation. What temp did you had it on?
    This might happen when temps are too high.

It's also for this reason I only have a blow-off setup. Been working fine till now and handled a couple of spill overs.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBrew View Post
    Looks like you had a healthy fermentation. What temp did you had it on?
    This might happen when temps are too high.

It's also for this reason I only have a blow-off setup. Been working fine till now and handled a couple of spill overs.
    Was running it at 18C which has been fine for my previous brews.

Did I maybe overpitch too much cake from the previous batch?

Was running it at 18C which has been fine for my previous brews.

Did I maybe overpitch too much cake from the previous batch?
    I don't think so ... sometime I pitch new wort onto the old trub in the same FV and never had it that bad (touch wood) .... then again my buckets seems to have a little more headspace than that one of yours ?
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!