This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Same boat. I LOVE a good IPA now and again, and I get this urge to brew a nice one and then I get an IPA somewhere and that urge turns into "yeah, but do I want 20l of this stuff?" and then I don't end up brewing it. Dunno why.
    lol the best thing for me about an IPA is the last sip coz I know it's done.. first few sips are great but then it's get to be a bit much..

Comment

• I have brewed many IPA's, however the NEIPA I brewed tasted very different to a normal IPA.
      I definately think it has to do with biotransformation.
      Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
        Same boat. I LOVE a good IPA now and again, and I get this urge to brew a nice one and then I get an IPA somewhere and that urge turns into "yeah, but do I want 20l of this stuff?" and then I don't end up brewing it. Dunno why.
        Wanna share your dirty little secret?
        Cheers,
        Lang
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexBrew View Post
          I had a ponder on this.. will be quite some work to do - of most I don't really have the knowledge of.
          What one will have to do is to go through the list of bjcp styles and evaluate ALL the permissible grain/adjunt/hop/yeast ingredients for that style with a percentage of relevance for that style. This will be your chart to compare your leftover ingredients to. I think this is how BF or GF offers suggested recipe styles when compared to your recipe design. The suggestion of clicking a button and producing a recipe of suggested leftover ingredients will be a combination of the reverse logic of the above. I will pend this as a project to do at a later stage.
          Yea... and then everyone would have a different view of what a core ingredient is and isnt for a specific style.

I think it would be a HUGE task
          Cheers,
          Lang
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerHolic View Post
            I have brewed many IPA's, however the NEIPA I brewed tasted very different to a normal IPA.
            I definately think it has to do with biotransformation.

I have done a couple of NEIPA's over time and always did the biotransformation dryhopping. But recently I listened to an interview with the brewer of Verdant (who are known for their juicy/hazy IPA/PA's). I have had a few of their beers and it is phenomenal. He does not dryhop for biotransformation. So the batch I did last week I also didn't dryhop until today, which I dryhopped and cold-crashing at the moment. I am interested to see how it turns out. Will be kegging tomorrow night or Thursday morning. The kegging is a new thing for me, but at least now I have a way to reduce oxidisation and have the beer keep fresher for longer. (Holding thumbs)

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerHolic View Post
              Cracked my first NEIPA I brewed last night.
              This is fu..king amazing. I finished it in a few minutes it was so good.
              Remember reading an article on Brulosophy where his neighbour described his NEIPA as juicy.
              Of all the beers I have had and brewed none I would describe as juicy.
              The light has dawned, I know understand what is meant as juicy.

Will be brewing many NEIPA's in the future.
              I've one ever tried one NEIPA which was my own, I used the basic brewing recipe and while it was pretty nice (except I messed up the carbing) I wouldn't describe it as juicy, reading your post I think I'm ready to try again to try chase the juice. Would you be willing to share what you did to get the Juicines?

Comment

• I hear you on the biotransformation but i think it was the wheat and Oats that brought the platform for the juice in my case. O and as my brew bud says. I dont brew NEIPA i brew NEPA. I do 20 to 30 ibu on a "NEIPA" So its not bitter at all.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
                  I hear you on the biotransformation but i think it was the wheat and Oats that brought the platform for the juice in my case. O and as my brew bud says. I dont brew NEIPA i brew NEPA. I do 20 to 30 ibu on a "NEIPA" So its not bitter at all.

20-30 IBU's ..... Nee Jannie ....
                  Busy rebuilding ....

Comment

• Originally posted by hopingmadinZam View Post
                    I've one ever tried one NEIPA which was my own, I used the basic brewing recipe and while it was pretty nice (except I messed up the carbing) I wouldn't describe it as juicy, reading your post I think I'm ready to try again to try chase the juice. Would you be willing to share what you did to get the Juicines?
                    I will brew a Neipa soon and did tons of reading on it - one of the secrets behind the juice is - Water quality and keeping it away from oxygen at all cost .....
                    Busy rebuilding ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Langchop View Post
                      Wanna share your dirty little secret?
                      LOL. Not in the booze ban. I don't really buy too many IPAs. Maybe I'll just make a regular beer and dry hop a bit of one to IPA levels before bottling.

Comment

• Originally posted by hopingmadinZam View Post
                        I did not go out of my way for the juiciness, it just turned out that way in my opinion.
                        The flavour of the hops is so pronounced (passion fruit / grapefruit) it felt like these juices where added to the beer.

Below is the recipe and notes.

NEIPA1.jpg
                        Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• With all these lekka recipes popping up - I'm compiling a list of beers to brew...
                          To date - on my immediate mind I want to brew the Revvy Blonde, the dreaded Castle Lite clone, another Killer Hop and now this SP Neipa juice bomb.
                          Think need to get another freezer.. lol
                          AlexBrew
                          Last edited by AlexBrew; 26 January 2021, 18:21.

Comment

• Nice recipe. Thats how you hop a neipa! I do like my juice less bitter but its not to style

Comment

• Originally posted by CaPunT View Post
                              Yeah, that's probably a better option. If you get bit better efficiency then you'll be even more into the style(and that's the beer you want)!
                              Weather was good but time wasn't, so hoping to do this tomorrow. I'm going to try a seperate dunk sparge ala toxxyc to up the efficiency. Am I right in saying that if efficiency goes up a lot, I can just add some normal water to drop gravity to desired level and increase volume?

Comment

• Originally posted by BruHaha View Post
                                Weather was good but time wasn't, so hoping to do this tomorrow. I'm going to try a seperate dunk sparge ala toxxyc to up the efficiency. Am I right in saying that if efficiency goes up a lot, I can just add some normal water to drop gravity to desired level and increase volume?
                                Yep. Just make sure to adjust your hops too if you're going to be adding more water.

Comment

Working...
                                X