X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's cheaper than SA hops

Comment

• Yeah, I really need to invest in more equipment, vacuum sealer for hops, grain mill, more taps and connectors, another fridge, stir plate, a laboratory, a brite tank, more kegs, wait wait, I'm a homebrewer...relax!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris S View Post
        It's cheaper than SA hops
        Originally posted by Chris S View Post
        Yes that's what it was. I took 2.5 kg Columbus and 2.5kg El Dorado
        I know it was a bit much but at those prices I wish I could have afforded more right now.
        it may very well be but I have no clue what I would do with that much hops.

Originally posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
        Yeah, I really need to invest in more equipment, vacuum sealer for hops, grain mill, more taps and connectors, another fridge, stir plate, a laboratory, a brite tank, more kegs, wait wait, I'm a homebrewer...relax!
        haha!! too true.. this hobby has away of getting away from you if you let it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jitters View Post
          it may very well be but I have no clue what I would do with that much hops.

Dry hop like crazy

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
            Yeah, I really need to invest in more equipment, vacuum sealer for hops, grain mill, more taps and connectors, another fridge, stir plate, a laboratory, a brite tank, more kegs, wait wait, I'm a homebrewer...relax!
            Originally posted by Jitters View Post
            Sounds about right

Comment

• Can one of you send me the pricelist via PM ?
              The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
                I have to add I buy my yeast bulk. 500g bricks at a time. Last I bought S-04 at just under R500 a brick. Makes it super cheap to me. Not sure if it'll still be that price in recent months though, or if Heidi still does bulk goods at all.

EDIT: Fudgeknuckles. R945 for a 500g brick from Beerplus. They must be nuts! https://www.beerplus.co.za/product/5...-s-04/1720/191
                Exactly ... I used to buy fresh 11g packs from them once a year, but I think sometime during 2019 they doubled the price and I stopped buying bulk 11g packs.

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                  Can one of you send me the pricelist via PM ?
                  Here you go

Hop prices.JPG

Comment

• Noted ... got the PM and the mail also

So now it's officially public then

Comment

• What are you brewing?

Anybody keen to share some? 2.5kg is a bit much.. I compared some of the prices and it is almost tempting to place an order for a 1kg pack from bevplus on some of the hops, but on others the special is half.

Comment

• Im in. Let me know. I want to buy some

Comment

• https://www.wortsandall.co.za/showth...ll=1#post38384

Comment

• Did an Irish red yesterday. Need to figure out my water levels as OG was lower than expected.

Any suggestions on next batch? Was thinking of a stout but not sure, maybe a kolsch or golden ale?

Thanks @Chris s for all the help.

Benoni brew worked really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Very little to hide behind in a Kolsch. If you're still figuring out your water levels and so on, something like a blonde ale might be a better idea.

Do you use calculators like the ones from BrewersFriend?

EDIT: I'm making a blonde tomorrow. I need to get the fermenter running and I've got the ingredients. Planning a blonde ale but with pils malt, some dextrin for head retention, melanoidin for colour and then using some nice hops. Got some Perle to run with, will see how that one goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
                                Very little to hide behind in a Kolsch. If you're still figuring out your water levels and so on, something like a blonde ale might be a better idea.

Do you use calculators like the ones from BrewersFriend?

EDIT: I'm making a blonde tomorrow. I need to get the fermenter running and I've got the ingredients. Planning a blonde ale but with pils malt, some dextrin for head retention, melanoidin for colour and then using some nice hops. Got some Perle to run with, will see how that one goes.
                                Busy drinking the blonde I made last month. The Irish red was the first one in the bb45. I used brewfather for water levels etc, but do think that the mashing could have been better (decrease / increasing flow etc). Also the ingredients I got from nfp didn't list names, just pale ale malt etc, so had to guess in the brewfather. Still think it will be a good beer around 4%.

Mind sharing a kolsch recipe you have done before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X