Page 245 of 257 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 2566

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    I was the same. Only after distilling various washes did I find the difference in "new make spirit" is HUGE depending on the source. Hell, new make "whisky" tastes quite a bit like whisky just on it's own. Sweet, aromatic and flavourful. Plain sugar wash (without molasses or brown sugar) to me is like drinking fire. It does nothing other than burn.
    This is where the reflux still shines, absolute neutral ethanol from a sugar wash (if your fermentation was clean of course) I suppose running a sugar wash through a pot-still could be more 'rummy'as you're pulling flavor in from the wash itself \_(ツ)_/ I haven't tried doing that....
    Untitled.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by groenspookasem View Post
    Haha Jig has rubbed off on you

Quote Originally Posted by CaPunT View Post
    Haha Jig has rubbed off on you
    I hope not! I'm not that way inclined

EDIT: Had the details of my brew but now i'm totally bummed, batch got scorched, and I really only saw it after pitching
    Noticed a slight toastyness/roastyness and thought it was the munich/melanoidin as i have never used either.

First batch which im probably going to dump. F#@%!
    Last edited by CaPunT; 9th October 2020 at 22:54.

Like how bad? I would run it through the process and see on bottling day. Might not taste to style, but might not be bad either
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Quote Originally Posted by Langchop View Post
    Like how bad? I would run it through the process and see on bottling day. Might not taste to style, but might not be bad either
    Agree, ive had a scorch or two on the gf and the batch was fine

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

well, i'm leaving it for now just so that i can top crop, I don't have any more of the yeast so need to harvest some.

Its a Hefe, so perhaps the clove and banana will help mask it, or i thought of pushing up the temp so that it becomes a toasted banana bomb.
    Still don't think its going to come out palatable though I'll let it do its thing.

Thanks for the encouragement Guys.

Don't dump it. Distill it. I know, I know, it's all about distillation with me these days, but I don't care. I think the flavours could come out interesting.

unfortunately i don't have the tools...

Was thinking about offering it to someone that has if i end up deciding its not worth it. Krausen is slowly starting to form so thankfully i can get some yeast back and make a call on it in a few days.
    Ill let is ferment out at least to taste it.

Tbf, melano is known as super munich and if you used munich and not the light version, you'll have a pronounced different taste to what you're used to. Im sure your beer will be fine

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk