Page 247 of 253 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 2529

DO NOT DUMP. Let it clean up after itself, let it condition and let it do it's thing. I had a friend who managed to power through a 1.065 Belgian beer in 36 hours because he ran the stuff at 38C by accident, and he took a sample to me. Tasted and smelled horrible. I told him to bottle it anyway, and a few weeks later his response on the beer was "it's actually turned out quite well, and it's pretty enjoyable". So give it time.

You won't judge a car that's 50% complete, so why judge a beer that's only 50% there?

+1

unless you need the space or fermenter or what ever, why dump?
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

I have read many posts on numerous forums from trying to look for ways to salvage this, and apart from distilling, the consensus was to dump.
    Guys have even tried to condition for as long as a year only dump it. No amount of conditioning clears up the burnt from what i can find...

This is what my element looked like - it was by no means "mild"
    20201009_203426.jpg
    20201009_204144.jpg

Damn, that is pretty harsh. Mine's gone a few boils between proper cleaning, but it's never burned like that before. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by CaPunT View Post
    I have read many posts on numerous forums from trying to look for ways to salvage this, and apart from distilling, the consensus was to dump.
    Guys have even tried to condition for as long as a year only dump it. No amount of conditioning clears up the burnt from what i can find...

20201009_203426.jpg
    20201009_204144.jpg
    Yeah, that's burnt, plain and simple, not just scorched.

Not much that can save that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=CaPunT;30763]I have read many posts on numerous forums from trying to look for ways to salvage this, and apart from distilling, the consensus was to dump.

QUOTE]

dump. i've only redistilled some rancid rum i made with essences, i personally wont distill beer, if it's under 10% it's a waste of time and garbage in, garbage out (exception with reflux)

smoked braai sauce

Yep, i'm pretty sure there's no saving it, oh well. First to identify where i went wrong and how to fix it. I want to brew a damn Hefeweizen!!

LoL PaBz0r - might as well drop your meat directly onto the coals, and not rinse it before eating for the same effect!

Quote Originally Posted by CaPunT View Post
    Yep, i'm pretty sure there's no saving it, oh well. First to identify where i went wrong and how to fix it. I want to brew a damn Hefeweizen!!

LoL PaBz0r - might as well drop your meat directly onto the coals, and not rinse it before eating for the same effect!
    graincrush too fine, did you recirc? what was above the element?

As a Q - did it just simply burn during the boil? Like, was the element clean before the boil?