Page 250 of 253 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 2529
  1. #2491

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexBrew View Post
    Brewing a modification to the Mad Giant Killer Pale Ale today..
    I added oats to the mix. Will be interesting how the oat addition compares to the one without - which I brewed last week.
    Attachment 2708

    47 litres in a 50litre kettle. Hope to fill 3x 5gal fermentors.
    Nice, I brewed mine a couple of weeks ago and fermented with Kveik Midtbust - not a fan of the Midtbust - a serious amount of fruit flavours coming from the yeast, and the beer is very cloudy, probably from biotransformation of the hops, it looks and tastes more like a NEIPA to be honest.

  2. #2492
    Thought I'd upload a picture of my setup. 50litre kettle. 50L Coleman coolerbox.
    20200815_140006.jpg

    Inside the mash tun, made a filter drainage system from electrical conduit - don't know how food safe this is.. but am still alive..
    20200514_123516.jpg
    Then I wrap this gauze bag over the filter drainage system for extra pre-filtering - actually I have 3 bags that I sleeve one over the other. Works good enough for me.
    IMG-20200530-WA0024.jpg
    BTW .. gause material is from nylon kitchen curtain material from PEP stores.. R50 for lots of m2.
    20201014_153629.jpg
    My monstrosity immersion chiller. Made from 15mm hard drawn copper. Works good enough. I will get that wort to 22 deg in say 20mins..
    Last edited by AlexBrew; 14th October 2020 at 15:42. Reason: image added

  3. #2493
    Nice setup Alex! Good luck with the brew.

    I'm about to move to Protein rest with my re-attempt at my Hefe. doing acid and protein rests in a cooler this time round.

  4. #2494
    Senior Member JIGSAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    2,398
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexBrew View Post
    Thought I'd upload a picture of my setup. 50litre kettle. 50L Coleman coolerbox.
    Inside the mash tun, made a filter drainage system from electrical conduit - don't know how food safe this is.. but am still alive..

    Then I wrap this gauze bag over the filter drainage system for extra pre-filtering - actually I have 3 bags that I sleeve one over the other. Works good enough for me.

    BTW .. gause material is from nylon kitchen curtain material from PEP stores.. R50 for lots of m2.

    My monstrosity immersion chiller. Made from 15mm hard drawn copper. Works good enough. I will get that wort to 22 deg in say 20mins..
    AlexBrew Nice
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!


  5. #2495
    Quote Originally Posted by CaPunT View Post
    Nice setup Alex! Good luck with the brew.

    I'm about to move to Protein rest with my re-attempt at my Hefe. doing acid and protein rests in a cooler this time round.

    Cool thanks..
    I've got a quart Weiss (Quite Naas Weiss from BG) somewhere - I brewed couple months back. Will post a pic sometime..

    I like to keep a bottle from a batch and 'mature' it - just to see if there is any improvement - or if oxidation has taken place - if the latter then I need to look at my procedures - possibly racking procedures.

  6. #2496
    A thing I don't see on this forum is a brew diary category with the idea that someone creates a new post and logs his/her recipe and brew day dramas through fermentation finishing off with some snapshots of the brew in glass. Often we see a picture of a beer in glass .. but with no history as to how that beer got there. With this there is lots to be learned and for people wanting to make a specific brew recipe can revert back to those who have done so ?
    Last edited by AlexBrew; 14th October 2020 at 18:35. Reason: spelling

  7. #2497
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexBrew View Post
    Cool thanks..
    I've got a quart Weiss (Quite Naas Weiss from BG) somewhere - I brewed couple months back. Will post a pic sometime..
    20201014_185537.jpg
    Sooner rather than later. BG Naas Weiss. Brewed 20/07 !! still hazy like a weiss - regardless of Irish Moss. Tasting not that fresh .. but ok .. earlier ones wher better - thinking fresher is better.

  8. #2498
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexBrew View Post
    A thing I don't see on this forum is a brew diary category with the idea that someone creates a new post and logs his/her recipe and brew day dramas through fermentation finishing off with some snapshots of the brew in glass. Often we see a picture of a beer in glass .. but with no history as to how that beer got there. With this there is lots to be learned and for people wanting to make a specific brew recipe can revert back to those who have done so ?
    +1

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexBrew View Post
    20201014_185537.jpg
    Sooner rather than later. BG Naas Weiss. Brewed 20/07 !! still hazy like a weiss - regardless of Irish Moss. Tasting not that fresh .. but ok .. earlier ones wher better - thinking fresher is better.
    Yeah, a Weiss is meant to be enjoyed fresh!

  9. #2499
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexBrew View Post
    A thing I don't see on this forum is a brew diary category with the idea that someone creates a new post and logs his/her recipe and brew day dramas through fermentation finishing off with some snapshots of the brew in glass. Often we see a picture of a beer in glass .. but with no history as to how that beer got there. With this there is lots to be learned and for people wanting to make a specific brew recipe can revert back to those who have done so ?
    There are a few but limited. I used to do them in the beginning. Id add the bjcp guideline njmber to the name for easy reference. I only posted 1 per style coz it gets boring after that. I really liked it, you get great feedback. And it should make finding the recipe and learnings easier then reading through what are you brewing

    Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

  10. #2500

    Did a “kveik” brew after work, playing with a Vienna lager again.

    I put off brewing the last 2/3 weeks due to my fermentation chamber being occupied, I solved that by blowing way too much money. Now I should be ok not to brew this weekend and have two kegs ready to go by next weekend.. just in time to brew again!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •