Page 251 of 257 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 2566

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBrew View Post
    Attachment 2712
    My monstrosity immersion chiller. Made from 15mm hard drawn copper. Works good enough. I will get that wort to 22 deg in say 20mins..
    OK maybe a stupid question, but how the hell did you roll that copper pipe without kinking it?

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    OK maybe a stupid question, but how the hell did you roll that copper pipe without kinking it?
    My brother is a plumber and got a proper pipe bender - so we did the job together kinking the pipe a bit every (half) inch or so. Took a half hour or so. He has a bunch of fittings and offcuts that he soldered on - so the chiller cost me think R345 for 5.5m class2 copper pipe.

That's what I want to do as well. Doesn't have to be that long, even 2.5m or so would be awesome. As long as it's rigid with a good downward slope it would be awesome. I want a similar coil, but with a steeper decline in the coils. Can you maybe check for me what it'll cost and he would be able to do it for me? He doesn't have to solder on fittings, I can do that myself.

Not exactly brewing today, but since I now have my taps installed at home, I wanted to try out something nice for the ladies that goes well with the warm weather.

So I made a low calorie Strawberry and Lime Hard Seltzer, and yes I cheated a little by using Vodka instead of fermenting a sugar wash.

3 x 750ml Vodka (Use good Vodka)
    1 x 750ml Lime Cordial.
    2 x 20ml Flavour Nation Strawberry Flavouring
    400g Sugar or Sugar Substitute for Low Calories.
    20l Water

Makes about 23 liters

Fill a keg and give it a few days to carbonate.

It's a very light only slightly sweet drink, works out at about 4% ABV, and depending on what Sugar/Sweetener you use works out about 40 Cal per 250ml glass.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by paul.stevens View Post
    Not exactly brewing today, but since I now have my taps installed at home, I wanted to try out something nice for the ladies that goes well with the warm weather.

So I made a low calorie Strawberry and Lime Hard Seltzer, and yes I cheated a little by using Vodka instead of fermenting a sugar wash.
    I'd advise to not ferment a sugar wash for direct consumption, it should be distilled first ;-) It smells pretty grim after fermentation, no way I'd consume that

The seltzer sounds good though, you can find heaps of different food grade flavoring. a few calculators exist that you can use to check how much diluent you should add to be precise

Quote Originally Posted by groenspookasem View Post
    I'd advise to not ferment a sugar wash for direct consumption, it should be distilled first ;-) It smells pretty grim after fermentation, no way I'd consume that

The seltzer sounds good though, you can find heaps of different food grade flavoring. a few calculators exist that you can use to check how much diluent you should add to be precise
    I've actually had some success fermenting a sugar wash using Ale Yeast such as US-05, if you make sure there's enough nutrients added you can actually get a surprisingly nice fruity base to make a drink from. But it's not really worth the effort though, not for something like this.

The Flavour Nation Flavouring is my go to, it's made right here in Cape Town, is all natural and they have an amazingly wide range, and I know the owner so...

Quote Originally Posted by paul.stevens View Post
    <>

3 x 750ml Vodka (Use good Vodka)
    1 x 750ml Lime Cordial.
    2 x 20ml Flavour Nation Strawberry Flavouring
    400g Sugar or Sugar Substitute for Low Calories.
    20l Water

Makes about 23 liters

Fill a keg and give it a few days to carbonate.

<>
    Sounds Yummy

....and expensive .... Knowing the ladies they could kick a keg in one night
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Yesterdays what else can go wrong or can I screw up brew day, Hefe #2, looking comfy with that thick blanket!
    20201015_164539_2.jpg
    Before anyone says anything, yes i am open fermenting it

So I think i found out what caused my first attempt to burn, besides not stirring or circulating during the acid rest and ramp up to protein rest, my pilsner malt is crushed waaaaaay too fine.
    It was like bits of malt with flour. When i was done with the protein rest in my cooler and transfered to my urn, there was about 4-5 tablespoons worth of "Maizina" at the bottom. Thick, barely fluid white stuff.
    I bet that's the crap that stuck and burnt to my element lsat time

20201014_144810.jpg

The university of life is a bitch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    That's what I want to do as well. Doesn't have to be that long, even 2.5m or so would be awesome. As long as it's rigid with a good downward slope it would be awesome. I want a similar coil, but with a steeper decline in the coils. Can you maybe check for me what it'll cost and he would be able to do it for me? He doesn't have to solder on fittings, I can do that myself.
    Sure can sort something out .. think biggest problem is logistics - Looks you in PTA I'm Northern Subbubs CPT. Maybe approach a local plumber in your area?

Quote Originally Posted by CaPunT View Post
    Yesterdays what else can go wrong or can I screw up brew day, Hefe #2, looking comfy with that thick blanket!
    20201015_164539_2.jpg
    Before anyone says anything, yes i am open fermenting it

So I think i found out what caused my first attempt to burn, besides not stirring or circulating during the acid rest and ramp up to protein rest, my pilsner malt is crushed waaaaaay too fine.
    It was like bits of malt with flour. When i was done with the protein rest in my cooler and transfered to my urn, there was about 4-5 tablespoons worth of "Maizina" at the bottom. Thick, barely fluid white stuff.
    I bet that's the crap that stuck and burnt to my element lsat time

20201014_144810.jpg

The university of life is a bitch.
    Looks good, are you covering your fermentation vessel with muslin cloth or something to stop dust and insects from getting in?