• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by AlexBrew View Post
    Now it's working again... doh
    Weird
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
      PS: Looks like the "reply with quote" feature is again not working
      I also had it around the same time when I tried to edit my post. It was just blank.. nothing loaded for me to edit.

Comment

• Cold crashed the pseudo pilsner I forgot about. It has now spend almost 3 weeks in the fermenter, the first week at 16°C and then the rest of the time at 20°C. It's now down to 10°C and I'll fine it this weekend.

Corona is screwing with me badly. I have some taste, but not enough to taste lighter beers. That means my Helles literally still tastes like carbonated water, but without the sourness of the CO2. It's just like drinking water with some texture.

I'm out of the competition, since wife and kids also got sick, and that means I have to isolate with them until AT LEAST Thursday. That'll be 14 days since they started showing symptoms.

This virus is shit, guys. Totally, totally shit. At least I got to bottle my rum as I could smell and taste that pretty well. I'll post pics in the Rum thread.

Comment

• glad you guys came through this with minimal damage. the taste will return in time, and there will be other competitions to enter in.

Comment

• My take on a Amber Ale

Amber.jpg
            Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• Should work.

I love my African Queen Hops.

I made this Pale twice already and will again soon ... cant get enough of it and keg drops fast...

Screenshot_4.jpg

Comment

• Brewing my favorite again today. American blonde. Pils pale and a little cara hell.
                But I have used 200g wheat in the past to great affect. I dont have any atm. BUT. what do you think about adding 200g Oats?

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

• You could, but I can't understand why you feel you need to?

The Pils + CaraHell is one of my favourite combinations

Comment

• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                      You could, but I can't understand why you feel you need to?

The Pils + CaraHell is one of my favourite combinations
                      Ill remember that thanks. But I added 200g. Will go without next time.

Comment

• Nothing wrong with adding stuff like that ... If you struggle with head retention, then by all means add some. I used to always add a little wheat for that reason, but for a long time now I don't and Im more than happy with the cap I still get on my beer.

Comment

• OK so my taste is slooooowly returning, and this weekend I jumped into that keg of Helles I made. There's something off about that beer, and I don't know what. It seems definitely yeast-related (as it tastes like the yeast cake in the bottom of the bottle), but that doesn't make sense to me. The Irish Red I pitched on the same yeast cake does not have that off flavour at all (in fact it was damn clean).

So I'm at a loss. It seems like I'm not destined to make light coloured beers at all then. Darker beers all come out perfectly, but the light ones are a mess these days. I'll try a pilsner this week sometime and then do it with the cheaper yeasts I always used as well (or just an ale yeast). I'm over struggling with fancy shit.

Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
                          Brewing my favorite again today. American blonde. Pils pale and a little cara hell.
                          But I have used 200g wheat in the past to great affect. I dont have any atm. BUT. what do you think about adding 200g Oats?

I started using 200g of dextrin malt in my brews for head retention recently. The difference it makes is staggering. My beers now present with a persistent head and good lacing on the glass and it looks awesome. Literally looks and behaves like commercial lagers now. I'm not adding it to all my beers, but those where head makes a difference (like in my Helles mentioned above) it made a HUGE difference. I won't brew without it where I remotely want it ever again.

Comment

• To true, less place for issues to hide in a light coloured beer than the darker ones.
                            Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• Toxxyc, sounds like the yeast was stressed somehow...

Use Kveik Oslo for your Pilsner - it's a nice clean yeast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
                                Toxxyc, sounds like the yeast was stressed somehow...

Use Kveik Oslo for your Pilsner - it's a nice clean yeast.
                                I exclusively use that now

Was not a fan of the Voss I used before this ... that orange type taste was not to my liking.

Comment

Working...
                                X