Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris_za1 View Post
          Why do you say that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          this is how i see it?

Screenshot_18.jpg

but lets not overthink this ... you'll have beer at X% abv
          The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Second attempt at the gumballhead, adjusted my efficiency after getting a pakslae last time around

Comment

• Was a long brew day for me. 7am to 5pm.
              Oktoberfest finally done

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris S View Post
                Was a long brew day for me. 7am to 5pm.
                Oktoberfest finally done
                Hectic, why did it take so long?

Comment

• Originally posted by PaBz0r View Post
                  Hectic, why did it take so long?
                  I'm just slow lol. Was my first time doing a double batch and water heating took long.
                  Couple hours wasted on getting the fermenter setup. Also has issues with getting the ispindel connected.

That said it's fermenting strong this morning

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                    this is how i see it?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3345[/ATTACH]

but lets not overthink this ... you'll have beer at X% abv

meniscus ?

Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• Think I will brew a Sierra Navada clone soon. Have not used another reecipe besides my own for a long time.
                      Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerHolic View Post
                        meniscus ?

So I'm reading the meniscus level and you're not? ... since the meniscus is the lower reading

Once again, who cares if you calculate 6,3%abv and I 6,5% ...I don't think there is someone that would taste 0.2% difference ... besides Toxxyc maybe
                        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Nah, I've given up. You may be able to taste it, but it'll be good beer anyways.

But yes I agree with Jigsaw, that's 1.062. Read at the liquid level, not the meniscus creeping up the sides.

EDIT: That's also why I fill the test tube to the top, so that the hydrometer is floating out the top with the reading being visible completely, and not through plastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerHolic View Post
                            Think I will brew a Sierra Navada clone soon. Have not used another reecipe besides my own for a long time.
                            Maybe I should also brew a clone recipe, the only one I came close to using was the Centennial Blonde, but there I modified it a bit too. All my beers were designed by me, a total noob at brewing. Maybe not the best way to start. Luckily they all tasted reasonably good so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by RudiC View Post
                              Maybe I should also brew a clone recipe, the only one I came close to using was the Centennial Blonde, but there I modified it a bit too. All my beers were designed by me, a total noob at brewing. Maybe not the best way to start. Luckily they all tasted reasonably good so far.
                              I feel for the same trap...until I brewed a perfectly balanced beer from a recipe (I tweaked it a bit), it makes the world of difference - use other people's expertise...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
                                I feel for the same trap...until I brewed a perfectly balanced beer from a recipe (I tweaked it a bit), it makes the world of difference - use other people's expertise...
                                What I did so far was to decide on a style, then in Brewfather designed it to style with the sliders right in the middle, except for abv and sg, there I aim for 4%.

I have grains for my next Blonde, this one was modified in the shop when I went to buy by someone that has loads of brewing experience, so I have a good feeling about this one.

For my next brew I will find a nice recipe on Brewfather or Brewers Friend with loads of good reviews and see how that works out. I have to say that trying to design a beer to style is half the fun for me and I've probably had lots of beginners luck, cause they were all better than what I can buy from commercial breweries imho.

Comment

Working...
                                X