Page 236 of 241 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 2402

Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    Nah .... I like my potatoes cut into strips and fried in oil
    absolutely

We have a keg of something similar in the coldroom that we brewed as an experiment, it's horrible.

Brewed a Pale ale with Pale, Munich and Caracrystal120 yesterday. Summit for bittering at 60 and 100g Simcoe in the whirlpool.
    Pitched a third use US-05 this morning - DAMN the wort smelt GOOD. I'm looking forward to this one. Hit my target SG of 1038 as well which I know isn't the range for a pale ale but as said earlier I prefer lower ABV with flavour

Quote Originally Posted by BackOffMyBrew View Post
    Brewed a Pale ale with Pale, Munich and Caracrystal120 yesterday. Summit for bittering at 60 and 100g Simcoe in the whirlpool.
    Pitched a third use US-05 this morning - DAMN the wort smelt GOOD. I'm looking forward to this one. Hit my target SG of 1038 as well which I know isn't the range for a pale ale but as said earlier I prefer lower ABV with flavour
    Nice, I too prefer my beers around 4% abv.

Who's brewing this w/end? I got some Willamette (cheap) in bulk and am contemplating a lowish abv ale, a bit brown and a bit sweet but still balanced. On the other side of the coin, it's been too long since my last burton ipa

Brewing a American Pale Ale today .. I got an Amber Ale premix from BG - but that suppose to make 15litres - then I mix it 50/50 with pale ale malt to make up volume - so, it will be a diluted version of the amber ale. I've made the amber ale before as per recipe and found it a but too heavy drinking - very rich in taste. Very yummy non the less .. but 15 litres is not enough for all that brewing effort - 2x 5gal brew batch suits me fine. Using last of Simcoe and chinook hops for bittering, last of the cascade for 15min and 5 min, then 50g citra whirlpool at flameout.

Edit: OG 1.054, FG 1.009, 5.9% US-05 SRM 9, IBU 33
    Last edited by AlexBrew; 18th September 2020 at 11:46. Reason: Added tech details

Hmm, this weekend is going to be a interesting brew weekend.

Brewing an experimental "NEIPA" tomorrow using a bunch of leftover malts and Kviek Ragnarok.

Also brewing and experimental Rye beer tomorrow that I'm calling a Black Rye IPA Bitter, I'll be using the malts I got at the last Southyeasters Competition along with some more leftovers and a Liquid Culture London 3 yeast.

Finally I'll do a Vanilla Porter on Sunday, using some vanilla beans I've had lying around for a while, perhaps I'll add some whiskey barrel oak chips into the secondary to give it some character.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Mashing rye is a pita, I'm guaranteed of a stuck mash if the bag of rye is close to the gf. I still need to do a rye whiskey and am not looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by groenspookasem View Post
    Mashing rye is a pita, I'm guaranteed of a stuck mash if the bag of rye is close to the gf. I still need to do a rye whiskey and am not looking forward to it.
    Yeah, I'm going to have to be creative with the mash on that one, it's a whopping 43% Rye and has some rolled oats in it too.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by groenspookasem View Post
    +1 ... used it once .... never again ... well not while im still doing BIAB
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

I'm thinking a pretty straight forward pale ale, maybe 80% pils malt, 20% vienna. 65 deg mash, 25g simcoe 60min and 25g simco 5 min. thoughts?
    haven't plugged it into brewfather yet so not sure what that'll give me as far a IBUs. I think I'll aim for 20-30.