X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Software...? :P
    There is tons of free calculators on the web and in app stores. I started out with Brewers friend is very easy with lots of calculators I use Beersmith but I still use the Brewersfriend yeast calculator.Brewgr.com and Captainbrew.com and many more
    Harhm
    Last edited by Harhm; 5 December 2019, 13:00.
    2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

• Yeah I also used that Brewers Friend thing, but I didn't see it having calibration settings and so on.

Comment

• Who's brewing this weekend? I'm doing another Gumballhead for family visiting from London, hopefully kegging the bitburger pilsner on Sunday and having some off the shelf stuff. Karmeliet triple, woodstock mr brownstone and californicator with some superbock inbetween.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Dusting off my Altbier recipe. Last brewed it in 2016!

Comment

• I screwed up an altbier as my first all grain brew. I didn't want to listen and start simple. Would love to taste a good example, haven't seen any in SA. And then brew again in the winter for the summer.
            No brewing for me this weekend. But its taste test time for the IRA/ red IPA.

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
              Dusting off my Altbier recipe. Last brewed it in 2016!
              Great minds ;-) I also have a Alt up next

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
              2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

• Happy days, brewhouse efficiency on latest brew up to 82% and that with 51% wheat in the bill.

Wortometer shaved time and water usage from this session, measured cool wort and couldn't believe how quick it chilled. 100c in the kettle, 36C out the other side without ice.

Sitting on around 95 liter of fermenting beer, whiskey mash and sugar wash.

Comment

• Just waiting for coal to dry, but hoping to brew Friday afternoon if all things go swimmingly.
                  Probably a double single malt smash . Im a bit neurotic now about enzymes, so will include some pale malt in my munich 'smash': 1kg pale+~3.8kg munich malt+T90 blend single bittering hop.
                  Cheers,
                  Lang
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

• Thinking of brewing a Dortmunder Export

77% Pilsner
                    15% Vienna
                    8% Munich
                    all Weyermann malt

33g each of Hallertua Hersbrucker at 60, 20 and 5 min.

advise, comments welcome
                    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerHolic View Post
                      Thinking of brewing a Dortmunder Export

77% Pilsner
                      15% Vienna
                      8% Munich
                      all Weyermann malt

33g each of Hallertua Hersbrucker at 60, 20 and 5 min.

advise, comments welcome
                      looks good to me, maybe a bit of melanoidin if you have some? what yeast are you going with?

Comment

• Solid recipe, agree 2% Melanoiden wil give it something extra.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Thanks. Will add the 2%.
                          Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• Bourbon in the making. Also doing a NorEast Best Bitters on Monday

Comment

• Stuck at work. Really wanted to brew today. I joined the black Friday madness at brewcraft. So I'm excited to get brewing with all the new ingredients (including kveik). Will see tomorrow.........

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Altbier brewed at session strenth - 1.044 colour is more like a Red ale than a amber/copper coloured Alt
                                IMG-20191214-WA0000.jpg
                                Harhm
                                Last edited by Harhm; 9 January 2020, 11:06.

Comment

Working...
                                X