This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah my stuffs not copyright!
    Simple recipe. Actually copied my lockdown recipe coz it's not bad. There are SO MANY things you could tweak and add but this is the one from tonight.
    5kg SAB Pale
    500g Best wheat malt
    300g best care Munich 2.

Thats it for malt.

20g magnum @ 30min. (Pick your favorite bittering hops (but don't waste citra))
    40g citra whirlpool for 10min @85c.
    I leave this in for dry hop coz I don't like wasting hop oils. Works for me!
    Still toying with the idea of a dry hop on this one. The previous iteration of this brew was a citra +centennial to 39 ibu. This one is 33 ibu.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Double Batch today with a late start, Rye Porter happily boiling along, while the NEIPA is mashing.

I was worried about a stuck mash and potential conversion issues with the Rye Porter considering its almost 50% Rye, contains rolled oats and Carafa Special II which is de-husked. But I had no problem at all and hit my OG exactly as planned.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Comment

• A headache. Had a pretty nasty fall yesterday morning. But I'm home now after they fixed my collarbone.

Comment

• Holy smokes, you alright there? The aim is to keep the rubberside down...well mostly....

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
            A headache. Had a pretty nasty fall yesterday morning. But I'm home now after they fixed my collarbone.
            Shocked.jpg

Get Well Soon
            The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• I'm fine dudes. Next time I'll definitely try keep the bubber down. Found out the wrong way

Comment

• Ouch, get better soon. I'm fortunate that I've never broken my collarbone in my life of careless accidents on the bike.

Comment

• I brewed a lager this weekend, using a decoction, because, why not.
                  Geez what a lot of work, spent most of the day brewing, but the wort was a lovely amber color, and the taste of the malt seems like it is going to make a good beer.

IBU should be around 69IBU's . A lot of hops for a lager, but the richness of the malt should offset the bitterness, hope the Southern Passion isn't too overpowering.

As a side note, has anyone ever used aloe juice in a brew? I'm interested to see what it would taste like. I'd add it to a side brew before fermenting, or at 5 min in the boil to a 5l batch.

Comment

A headache. Had a pretty nasty fall yesterday morning. But I'm home now after they fixed my collarbone.

In cycling its not about if you will break a collar bone, its when!
                    Heal up soon and take it easy for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeanoZA View Post
                      I brewed a lager this weekend, using a decoction, because, why not.
                      Geez what a lot of work, spent most of the day brewing, but the wort was a lovely amber color, and the taste of the malt seems like it is going to make a good beer.

IBU should be around 69IBU's . A lot of hops for a lager, but the richness of the malt should offset the bitterness, hope the Southern Passion isn't too overpowering.

As a side note, has anyone ever used aloe juice in a brew? I'm interested to see what it would taste like. I'd add it to a side brew before fermenting, or at 5 min in the boil to a 5l batch.
                      has it ever been done by a brewery ?

Comment

• Originally posted by DeanoZA View Post
                        IBU should be around 69IBU's .
                        That's A LOT of IBUs for a lager. What's the beer's specs? In terms of OG and so on?

Comment

• Hopefully that decoction mash helps him out, but yea, I would probably not push more than 45IBU on a lager/pilsner

Comment

• double / "imperial" pilsner for sure at that ibu, but the bu:gu or rbr would decipher the puzzle

Comment

Yeah my stuffs not copyright!
                              Simple recipe. Actually copied my lockdown recipe coz it's not bad. There are SO MANY things you could tweak and add but this is the one from tonight.
                              5kg SAB Pale
                              500g Best wheat malt
                              300g best care Munich 2.

Thats it for malt.

20g magnum @ 30min. (Pick your favorite bittering hops (but don't waste citra))
                              40g citra whirlpool for 10min @85c.
                              I leave this in for dry hop coz I don't like wasting hop oils. Works for me!
                              Still toying with the idea of a dry hop on this one. The previous iteration of this brew was a citra +centennial to 39 ibu. This one is 33 ibu.

How many liter batch is this for if you don't mind?

Comment

• 22l with a 65% brew house efficiency. I get a lot of trub so the 2l is just for fermenter trub as I don't discard any liquid before that point

Comment

Working...
                                X