Page 180 of 226 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 2252

As long as you understand the malt you are using and calculate accordingly using a decent beer app, the 5% is easily accounted for.

Many barley malts have different characteristics between years for the SAME cultivar, depending on rainfall, soil condition, weather profiles, etc. That's why you should inspect the batch info as supplied.

That makes sense. Just like %AA differs between years and districts on hops, Malts could be the same. I'll pay closer attention to the info on the Sacks. Didn't see any specifics previously, but also didn't look

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Stripping run on the whiskey mash today, stripped the clean spirit for gin yesterday. Next weekend will be spirit runs for both.
    20191228_132541.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

What is the typical whisky yield in terms of litres from a x litre x abv beer

Yield

What is the typical litre whisky produced from a x litre x abv beer

Depends on abv of your wort and how you make the cuts, if you blend etc. I typically use the hearts for bottling only and use heads and tails in the next run. I'm still learning (pun intended) have to admit that the few drops I tasted was amazingly good. First run unaged at that, high hopes for this one!

Last brew of the year halfway through mashing, German Pils with Skare. I'll be comparing this to 34/70 and Oslo in the new year

After more than a year of brewing nothing, I finally brewed an Amber ale
    Do you want to be good or be praised - Epicurus
    Do what you do to the best of your ability, and blessings will follow you

Welcome back in the game
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Quote Originally Posted by groenspookasem View Post
    Last brew of the year halfway through mashing, German Pils with Skare. I'll be comparing this to 34/70 and Oslo in the new year

Thickest krausen I've seen so far, heaps of yeast crop from the top which was replenished in around an hour. Amazing stuff. Can't wait to keg this. Anyone here have a recommendation on a temp controlled food dehydrator starting from 30C or lower? Might just flange one together with a hangabout stc a few fans and a heatsource. Keen to propogate all my gen (1) to me kveiks and dry them out for ease of storage.