Page 286 of 297 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 2969

I just checked and I get 56 IBU at 0m.

Util Factor = 0.215 (1.05 = 0.235, 1.06 = 0.211)
    AAU = 12.8
    Volume = 28 liters
    Amount = 60 g

IBU = Util factor * (AAU * amount / volume ) * 10
    Last edited by BeerHolic; 4th January 2021 at 15:34.
    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Ok so my Beersmith is much different! See cutout from my app

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

plugged into gf web recipe tool, afaik no alt adjustment exists on the web tool - too lazy to plug it into bf
    64.3 ibu without the flameout addition
    1.26 bu:gu is pretty, up there. the double dry hop could make up for it maybe. i'm assuming the fermenation and dry hop are both separate dh additions.
    the kilo of oats will give you a very full/viscous mouthfeel and the total hop bill might make for interesting transfer (cant recall if you keg/bottle)

do post how it tastes post carbonation, it could be surprisingly good and worth it to replicate

Quote Originally Posted by jannieverjaar View Post
    Ok so my Beersmith is much different! See cutout from my app

not entering the recipe may be the culprit, on the gf web tool i get 101.8 ibu with no grainbill

That could be it.

eh, i havent fudged about in the gf web tool for a while, seems they now have a water profile calc tool, the option for custom or preset brewing equipment and also a section for fermentation trackers like tilt, ispindel etc. pretty nifty. yes, i still export my bf recipes and import to gf to run it via the controller, yes i know i can use the bluetooth function via bf.

No bittering added at flameout as I only add hops once below 70C.
    Not sure how these apps are calculating as the actual formula gives a much lower IBU.

Fermentation hops added 24 hours after active fermentation started. Will add dry hops after fermentation complete.
    I bottle

It depends who's IBU calculations you use. There are at least 5 different formulas (Tinseth, Rager, Daniels, etc) out there and they all produce different results +- 20% variation in cases. Some take certain factors into account, others don't.
    Tinseth is (IMO) the favourite out there. .. event J Palmer refers to Tinseths calculation in his 'How To Brew' books. Then when using Tinseth you'll need a grainbill or at least an OG - as this is used in his formulas.

Right! now his formulas have been derived 15years ago and are based on whole leaf experiments. Using T90 pellets at the time, one would (thumb suck) add an extra 8% on top of that. Modern pellets have been modified such that one needs to add 12% to the original formula to get an accurate measure today.

EDIT:
    https://realbeer.com/hops/research.html
    Correction .. 20+ years ago
    Last edited by AlexBrew; 4th January 2021 at 17:01.

Ok thanks, so there are a few formulas.
    I will stick to the formula my application uses as it is the formula that has been used after nearly 130 brews.
    My perception of bitterness is based on this formula.