Page 222 of 227 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 2270

Hooray for cats. On sunday I opened the fermenter to check on things and all was well. Took a sample for a SG reading today and boom infection. Noticed 1 single white cat hair just under the krausen. Neighbours cat was in the house on Sunday. Scratch 1 batch of beer I suppose. It almost physically hurt to pour it out.
    There once was a man from Nantucket.
    Who brewed his beer in a bucket.
    He put the wort into there,
    to cut down on the air.
    Then drank it all up like a muppet.

That sucks, we have two cats - never had an infection (or a cat hair in my wort). Best to keep that fermentor closed (no peeking) until it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by FriedPiggy View Post
    Hooray for cats. On sunday I opened the fermenter to check on things and all was well. Took a sample for a SG reading today and boom infection. Noticed 1 single white cat hair just under the krausen. Neighbours cat was in the house on Sunday. Scratch 1 batch of beer I suppose. It almost physically hurt to pour it out.
    Did you dump it because you found a cat hair or because it was infected and tasted off?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by paul.stevens View Post
    Did you dump it because you found a cat hair or because it was infected and tasted off?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    +1 ... you have a photo maybe of this "infection" ?

people have found weird stuff in their beers already with zero infections.
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Once found a dead bug in mine, beer still tasted great.
    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Not sure what to brew this weekend. There is this Cheeky Peak's 3 C's Pale ale, with Cascade/Centennial/Citra that I might want to give a go. I want to end up with something a bit less boozy.. 4-4.5% ABV, the last few batches gives you a kick after a couple.

I also try to stay under 5% abv ...

I dont drink to fall around
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Technically, you can scale (brewfather is great at this) any style down to a lower gravity, if like me you don't care for
    - strong beers
    - staying true to the guideline
    - what other people think

That Cheaky Peak 3C's sounds good to me - Do it !

No brewing here, I have two brews fermenting and a keg that's nearly carbed with some apa on tap. I'm making neutral for liqueurs this w/end...if I feel like it that is, distilling bores me so much. I'm planning some Limoncello.

No brewing for me too this weekend. I'm waiting on an order from BeerPlus which has had to be shipped from CT. - I'm told by BP that they've had to close their Midrand branch.

I got tired of ordering just enough for each recipe so instead just ordered 25kg of Pilsner and a variety of noble hops. Thinking of making a Kolsh next.

Quote Originally Posted by BushWanderer View Post
    No brewing for me too this weekend. I'm waiting on an order from BeerPlus which has had to be shipped from CT. - I'm told by BP that they've had to close their Midrand branch.

I got tired of ordering just enough for each recipe so instead just ordered 25kg of Pilsner and a variety of noble hops. Thinking of making a Kolsh next.
    Bevplus is super busy these days, buying malt in bulk is the only way to go and keep your sanity intact. However, at the rate businesses are closing the whole industry could collapse and there won't be any surprise. I must admit, I don't enjoy SAB beers, but Tsingtao is worse.