Page 224 of 227 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 2270

Quote Originally Posted by PaBz0r View Post
    The screenshot of the recipe mentions IBU of 38, all the calcs I have seen doesn't come close to that, might be the hopstand calc? Did you follow the same hop additions?

I agree with your analysis. The hops listed did not result in an IBU of 38. I went with the hop schedule and got a calculated IBU of 31.5. I was short of Centennial so I used Magnum at 60 minutes to achieve the same IBU as I would have got with Centennial. As a play on the 3Cs I called it C-Max Lockdown Pale Ale!

3 Cs Pale Ale Hops.png3C Pale Ale Cheeky Peak.jpeg
    Last edited by Simple; 27th July 2020 at 14:31.

Maybe their AA% per hop was higher at the time of writing that recipe.

I also get a higher gravity with those amount of grains @ 23L ?
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Citra and cascade are great but I've been disappointed by centennial. Maybe I got a boring batch but its almost flavorful less

I've just cold crashed an IPA that's hopped with Citra, African Queen, Southern Passion and Southern Dawn.

First time using S.A hops, and I'm seriously impressed with the South African hops, the aroma of the beer is pure fruit juice, Mango, Passion Fruit, Orange

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I love SA hops, but then again, I make whatever my head tells me to make, no recipes, no sticking to styles, anything goes. Yes, I've had some bad ones, and some really good ones. One of the better beers I made was a Smash beer with SAB Malt, J17 hops and 1kg of Orange blossom honey, 40 rooibos teabags dunked in whirlpool (about 20 dunks), fermented with California Lager yeast and aged for 8 weeks. Everyone loved that beer and keep on referring back to that "Rooibos beer you made". SA hops all the way!

I've been meaning to make a Kölsch using Lemondrop, it should fit the style fairly well. I'm contemplating using either of these;
    Lemondrop only (25.8 IBU)
    OR
    Perle/Magnum bittering (17.8 IBU) and Lemondrop aroma (6.2 IBU)
    83.3% Pils
    8.3% Munich light
    6.3% Cara Clair
    2.1% Wheat
    bu:gu 0.5 on 4.8abv
    K97 or Oslo

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    Maybe their AA% per hop was higher at the time of writing that recipe.

I also get a higher gravity with those amount of grains @ 23L ?
    Yeah.. also noticed that. Oh well, I added a bit more hops and played with the grain bill, so should come out ok

Quote Originally Posted by jannieverjaar View Post
    Citra and cascade are great but I've been disappointed by centennial. Maybe I got a boring batch but its almost flavorful less
    You should try a Two Hearted clone, but yeah I think I used Centennial way too much before and got bored of it

Today's Brew is a Hibiscus Raspberry Saison, I'm planning on using a 50/50 yeast blend of T58 and Wb-60 to get the flavour of the T58 and the dryness of the WB-60.

About 250g of Hibiscus in the boil for a 20l batch which will give plenty of tartness and will rack into 1kg of frozen raspberries in secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by paul.stevens View Post
    Today's Brew is a Hibiscus Raspberry Saison, I'm planning on using a 50/50 yeast blend of T58 and Wb-60 to get the flavour of the T58 and the dryness of the WB-60.

About 250g of Hibiscus in the boil for a 20l batch which will give plenty of tartness and will rack into 1kg of frozen raspberries in secondary.

Today's brew for me was a lot less interesting than this, just a regular Simcoe/Mosaic hoppy (for me) APA. Pitching US-05 tomorrow once it's chilled.

Planning another SMaSH brew for tomorrow