Page 464 of 469 FirstFirst ... 364414454462463464465466 ... LastLast
Results 4,631 to 4,640 of 4690

Quote Originally Posted by hopingmadinZam View Post
    I need some ideas for something to brew tomorrow? something light a summery.... any ideas? I was thinking a golden ale or blonde?
    If you have any belgian yeast you could do a belgian blonde or you could do Alex's duvel triple hop?

Those go down smooth and deadly

Delicous, easy drinking.
    The wife loves it and she is not really a big beer drinker.

Blonde.jpg
    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Ended up doing this with the galaxy hops.

Brew.jpg

I forgot I didn't have any Gypsum so ended up leaving the water as is (straight from tap) as i think adding the other salts without the gypsum would have thrown it out completely ??

Wort is in cube and naturally cooling. Ended up using 2x bags again for the BIAB and once again tore one of them ... Im now convinced it's not the stitching but indeed the kak voile.

Gat is nou lam ... usually do the prepping the day before, but did everything from scratch today ... didn't even have a recipe yet when I got up this morning ... Gaan nou gat was en dan relax met n koue een voor die TV ... Go Bokke!
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Kak voile has ruined a couple of brew days for us as well.

Doing an IRA as I needed to start using some of my whitelabs yeast. Tweaked the previous recipe and added some of the Viking Red Ale malt. Will see how she turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeslouw View Post
    Kak voile has ruined a couple of brew days for us as well.
    Jakes when you find a proper voil can you post its name/ description/ tag. I dont know how you spec voil. We'd all like to buy voil bags once every 10 years

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jannieverjaar View Post
    Jakes when you find a proper voil can you post its name/ description/ tag. I dont know how you spec voil. We'd all like to buy voil bags once every 10 years
    I'll do that. I have found that the supplier plays a big role. Some voiles are just shyte.

The fabric places i phoned in my area doesn't have "per meter" rolls at the moment, so they want you to buy pre-made curtains .... that's where the problem creeps in ... the voile from those curtains seems to be very low quality.
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

I don't do BIAB but use filter mesh to wrap my filter gadget for my mash tun..
    I bought a nylon curtain for kitchen or bathroom el cheapo style.. was R50 for a set at a PEP Home store. The material is very strong. The curtain is cut up now .. but think the original size was 2x 1.2msq.
    Maybe check it out..

I don't know what micron it is .. but crushed grain doesn't come through..

EDIT:
    20211115_141638.jpg
    Last edited by AlexBrew; 15th November 2021 at 14:29.

was planning on brewing tomorrow but my SO just informed me that we need to go house shopping.

Attempt #3 at my tripel karamliet is busy mashing now. The rikus mod is holding up well so excited to see what the future holds.