Page 465 of 469 FirstFirst ... 365415455463464465466467 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,650 of 4690

Quote Originally Posted by Jitters View Post
    Attempt #3 at my tripel karamliet is busy mashing now.
    This a CSI recipe ?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBrew View Post
    This a CSI recipe ?
    Yes sir. Started way to late. The 90min boil only started now so +- 2 hrs before Im done fir the day.

Yes sir. Started way to late. The 90min boil only started now so +- 2 hrs before Im done fir the day.
    Simple recipe .. complex boil
    Last edited by AlexBrew; 15th November 2021 at 20:38. Reason: spelling

Simple recipe .. complex boil
    It has 3 types of malted and unmalted grains. Well actualy 3 types of oats has golden naked oats as well.

Mash was 2.5 hours to get full conversion and to step through all the rests.

Boil ended up taking 2.5 hours as well, my boil off is diffrent in summer.

Luckilly I didnt burn the wort just had one blonde moment where I took of the QD off while the valve was still open. So just burned myself. Ill take it, if I had burned the batch again I would have been done.

Glad its over, next time Ill stick to my 4am kick off this was a hectic brewday

It has 3 types of malted and unmalted grains. Well actualy 3 types of oats has golden naked oats as well.
    I see yes, it's got a more complex grainbill than some of the other recipes I looked at. Most have 2-3 different grains with possibly up to 2 different candi sugar/syrup boil additions..
    Interesting to see your Tripel Karmaliet recipe has quite a bit of wheat and oats.. possibly something that I found missing on my Duvel Tripel Hop .. I noticed the head retention not exactly the same as the original Duvel tripel Hop when I did the side-by-side.
    Which yeast are you using ?

I see yes, it's got a more complex grainbill than some of the other recipes I looked at. Most have 2-3 different grains with possibly up to 2 different candi sugar/syrup boil additions..
    Interesting to see your Tripel Karmaliet recipe has quite a bit of wheat and oats.. possibly something that I found missing on my Duvel Tripel Hop .. I noticed the head retention not exactly the same as the original Duvel tripel Hop when I did the side-by-side.
    Which yeast are you using ?

my trusty Liquid culture trappist high gravity. the tripel karmaliet is a non standard tripel and is based on a 17th century recipe that they found at the end of a manuscript. It was listed as a debt or obligation.

Lost Beers - The original 17th century Tripel Karmeliet recipe

Quite an interesting beer that was found recently and remade. It's not 100% as they used spelt malt instead of oats but it's a fair substitute.

hydrometer checked the wort this morning and came out dead center at 1.08 so we will have a 9.2% beer when it's all said and done. also did a quick taste test and I'm happy to report I dont taste anything burned so 3rd time is the charm. Quite excited for this one

^ Nice
    Interesting read .. thx for sharing.

The CSI recipe asked for a wine yeast - hence me asking..
    Last edited by AlexBrew; 16th November 2021 at 14:51.

Kegged the Amber ale, tastes lekker. Next up is a Märzen of some sort. Any suggestions?

Next up is a Märzen of some sort. Any suggestions?
    happened to have watched this yesterday ....

??
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    happened to have watched this yesterday ....

??
    What are the chances! Shot, will look into it