Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who's brewing what this weekend? just kegged the galaxy nelson apa, marzen in the ferm chamber. should be doing that sa gumballhead, but not in the mood to drive to beerguevara for the hops and wheat. so maybe another english or 'sumpin 'sumpin

Comment

• Planning an Ale with Pale, Pilsen, Munich and CaraCrystal. Dry hopping with 100g S.Passion and 100g Citra

Comment

• Does anyone recall a hansa marzen gold from a few years ago? I wouldn't mind attempting one if not too complex. Anyone have a recipe?

Comment

• Originally posted by BruHaha View Post
          Does anyone recall a hansa marzen gold from a few years ago? I wouldn't mind attempting one if not too complex. Anyone have a recipe?
          tongue in cheek, take any marzen recipe, but only use 1/10th of the entire hop schedule, replace 98% of your grainbill with corn. done

Comment

Does anyone recall a hansa marzen gold from a few years ago? I wouldn't mind attempting one if not too complex. Anyone have a recipe?
            That's basically an Oktoberfest right?

Plenty available

Comment

• Originally posted by BackOffMyBrew View Post
              That's basically an Oktoberfest right?
              Bit staler and it is November

Comment

Comment

• HeeHee... thanks gents. I thought so but being noob wanted to make sure.

Brew on!

Comment

• Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
                    she's going to bite, but the wheat does lend 'effervescence' to it and you dh should smooth it a wee bit. she'll be right
                    Kegged her, tasted lekker.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaBz0r View Post
                      Kegged her, tasted lekker. [emoji106]
                      Brilliant! It's a bit different that the usual apa

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
                        Brilliant! It's a bit different that the usual apa

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
                        True story, might be better [emoji23] thats just me. These weird and wonderful flavours are very interesting to play around with.

4 kegs going, things are getting serious.

Comment

• A female brewer is using sorghum and rooibos to shake up SA's craft beer industry https://www.businessinsider.co.za/tr...-craft-2020-11

Comment

• She is pretty renowned and respected. I am sure it's good. I will def buy some testers when I see them instore.
                            Cheers,
                            Lang
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Weren't there rumours that the Marzen Gold was an identical recipe to Amstel, which was temporarily unavailable in the country at that stage. Neither tasted like an Oktoberfest to me.
                              Cheers,
                              Lang
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

• Originally posted by Langchop View Post
                                Weren't there rumours that the Marzen Gold was an identical recipe to Amstel, which was temporarily unavailable in the country at that stage. Neither tasted like an Oktoberfest to me.
                                What SAB call their beers and what they actually are, are often two very different things

Comment

Working...
                                X