Page 408 of 412 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410 ... LastLast
Results 4,071 to 4,080 of 4114

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBrew View Post
    What I read was 3-4ml per 5gal.
    I used the conservative 3ml dosage and def taste a difference between with or without.
    I also read to get a dropper and just add drop to you taste in your glass ..

"...add one to two drops with an eye dropper to a 16 oz glass of beer and see what you think. One drop per 16 oz is equivalent to 2 ml in 5 gallons. Careful not to overdo it!"

EDIT: I had my boet here yesterday - we had a glass of my Extra Stout and he confirmed : this is very close to the real thing.
    Noted
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

decided to do the scottish heavy another day and give a belgium tripel a shot. Made the candi sugar last night for the batch, using la trappist yeast from Liquid cultures.

Kegged a stout yesterday ...

12.04.52.jpeg

and also transferred this from cube to FV. Thanks Alex for the recipe.

Final recipe was this:
    Screenshot_45.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    Kegged a stout yesterday ...

and also transferred this from cube to FV. Thanks Alex for the recipe.

Final recipe was this:
    Screenshot_45.jpg
    Cool. Please let us know how it comes out.
    I'm thinking of brewing one similar to the Pilsner Urquell next .. same grainbill, but different hops. Keen to try out the Saphir .. after that I'll brew one with Hersbruker. IBUs are almost spot on with 37.2 IBUs maybey bit too much .. think make it round 34 next time.

Did an American Pale Ale yesterday. One of David Heath's recipes on Brewfather. It was the most hops I've used to date (not that I've brewed anything other than Blondes and British Ales) and even included a hopstand. All new to me.

I think I did well, hit the numbers exactly, a first for me. Got 75% mash efficiency and 69.8% brewhouse efficiency. Looks like I have my equipment dialed in.

Pitched Kveik Voss this morning just after 5am and at 15h30 it was going like a jet at 35⁰. Guess I'll have to start cleaning bottles, cause this isn't going to take long at all.

Did my first pressure transfer, was a bit of stop and go at first, seems I clogged up the JG fittings, but smooth sailing from there. Also tested the flow stopper, did what was advertised.

HerKölsch / Hersbrucker Kölsch

My next brew.
    Using 2 50L converted kegs. One for mashing the other as boil kettle.
    BIAB.
    Fermenter in fridge at 20C, rack, cold crash and bottle.

APA.jpg
    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

^ But if you BIAB you technically only need 1 keg ? ... a 2nd for sparge water maybe ?

Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    ^ But if you BIAB you technically only need 1 keg ? ... a 2nd for sparge water maybe ?
    Yes you could do it that way, but I prefer
    I mash out, transfer to kettle.
    Add sparge water that was heated in a seperate 25L pot.
    Transfer sparge water to kettle.
    Boil.
    Remove bag with grains from mash tun.
    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Made a Pilsner over the weekend, and could not get hold of Kveik Oslo as per usual, so I opted for the LC077 strain from Liquid Culture.

*YAWN* - Made a huge starter and pitched Monday evening, it's taking forever to get going...back to Oslo for my next batch - would have been close to complete by now..will buy extra Oslo next time..