Page 365 of 389 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367375 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,650 of 3883

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_za1 View Post
    My first biab, blonde. Very impressed with myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Looks lekker. Nothing better than appreciating your own brew. There is a different analytical thought process going on when you take a sip of your own, than drinking a commerial beer.

I brewed a 'Helles Lager' yesterday.. The original recipe was 85% pilsner, 10 vienna and biscuit malt .. then watched the YT Apartment Brewer version and he was not happy with that recipe .. lacking the required maltiness, sugesting swopping the vienna with munich and dropping the biscuit .. which I did. My brew 90% pilsner and 10 munich with about 20 IBUs (15.4 ibus magnum @60, 4.8 perle @30 and 1.5 hersbruker @15).. then I saw Dewald Posthumus pilsner and saw it was similar in the grainbill .. so I don't know what I have created, a cross between a helles and a pilsner. Should be interesting.

I again (as with my previous US05) took a packet of W34/70 and made up a 2litre starter of which I saved 3x vials and used the 4th to propgate another starter batch for this brew.. pitched yesterday round 16h00 in 16C wort, placed in the chest freezer @12 and 24hrs later (on the dot) hearing the first plup plup. Happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBrew View Post
    I brewed a 'Helles Lager' yesterday.. The original recipe was 85% pilsner, 10 vienna and biscuit malt .. then watched the YT Apartment Brewer version and he was not happy with that recipe .. lacking the required maltiness, sugesting swopping the vienna with munich and dropping the biscuit .. which I did. My brew 90% pilsner and 10 munich with about 20 IBUs (15.4 ibus magnum @60, 4.8 perle @30 and 1.5 hersbruker @15).. then I saw Dewald Posthumus pilsner and saw it was similar in the grainbill .. so I don't know what I have created, a cross between a helles and a pilsner. Should be interesting.

I again (as with my previous US05) took a packet of W34/70 and made up a 2litre starter of which I saved 3x vials and used the 4th to propgate another starter batch for this brew.. pitched yesterday round 16h00 in 16C wort, placed in the chest freezer @12 and 24hrs later (on the dot) hearing the first plup plup. Happy with that.
    Let us know how it comes out. I'm keen to do a lager soon.
    You say vials. You mean 3x 500ml bottles and 4th 500ml used to make another 2L starter to pitch?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_za1 View Post
    My first biab, blonde. Very impressed with myself.

Looks good man.

What are you brewing?

Looks lekker. Nothing better than appreciating your own brew. There is a different analytical thought process going on when you take a sip of your own, than drinking a commerial beer.
    Man it's lekker. This one fermented at around 19 degrees so little bit of fruitiness in the back of my throat but definitely not overwhelming . Also think me adding water at the end gave it a bit more lightness than recipe intended, but love it.

Last edited by Chris_za1; 20th May 2021 at 18:09.

Quote Originally Posted by HAP-BR3W View Post
    Since [mention]Toxxyc[/mention] posted his sweet chocolate stout recipe on the Beer Pics thread, I have this deep need to brew a stout. So I am going to give his a try since everybody seems to be brewing stouts... i can already picture myself next to the fire with a long stout in my hand .
    Brewed this yesterday. Efficiency was shite, but it smelled and tasted bloody lekker. Pitched yeast just over an hour ago. Cannot wait for it to finish

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    Let us know how it comes out. I'm keen to do a lager soon.
    You say vials. You mean 3x 500ml bottles and 4th 500ml used to make another 2L starter to pitch?
    It's a 2L starter, but he only saves the yeast at the bottom into vials ... the beer on top gets dumped.
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

then I saw Dewald Posthumus pilsner and saw it was similar in the grainbill ..
    Nah, don't worry about it, I use Munich Dark, and at 8.5 EBC, it's still within the specifications of a Pilsner or a Helles Lager in any case, you probably used Munich, so you'll be fine. If you used normal Munich it will bring the EBC down to 7.1, which is more in the middle of the style specs. Will turn out to be a lekker beer!

I don't know what to brew next.
    I so bably want to do a hazy neipa but again I'm going to have to order ingredients from all over.

I'm doing a Rye IPA next, not a fan of dark beers, so have to brew something different to Amber Ales in winter.

Rye IPA.jpg