Page 382 of 389 FirstFirst ... 282332372380381382383384 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,820 of 3883

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBrew View Post
    Brewing a Pilsner Urquell clone today.
    https://byo.com/recipe/pilsner-urquell-clone/
    Changing the recipe by having some magnum for bittering (saving the saaz for later additions) and W34/70
    You going to do the decoction?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    You going to do the decoction?
    No, too much effort. The Munich is suppose to sort that out.

In the old days malts where that 'modified' hence they did the decoction to get a certain malty-roast flavour. This can be jippo'd by adding some munich or aromatic or some melanoidin malts.

No, too much effort. The Munich is suppose to sort that out.

In the old days malts where that 'modified' hence they did the decoction to get a certain malty-roast flavour. This can be jippo'd by adding some munich or aromatic or some melanoidin malts.
    Yeah. I just see the recipe doing a single decoction. Instead of the original triple

Quote Originally Posted by jakeslouw View Post
    Drop all starch from your diet. No bread, pasta etc. In other words, Banting or Keto based LCMF. Low carb, medium fat.

I get gout from wheat products, especially commercial bread that has a toxic combination of preservatives. And wheat is in pasta as well.
    Thanks Jakes, I'll look into this

Brewing a Pilsner Urquell clone today.
    https://byo.com/recipe/pilsner-urquell-clone/
    Changing the recipe by having some magnum for bittering (saving the saaz for later additions) and W34/70
    Pilsner Urquell is one of the very few commercial brews I still buy semi-regularly. I would very much like to know how this one stacks up against the real deal.

I have a clone recipe on Brewfather that I still want to try out, but that one uses a triple decoction and wlp800 liquid yeast.
    I have to either get my hands on that yeast, or convince myself that w-34/70 will get me close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    Was a long brew day for me. 7am to 5pm.
    Oktoberfest finally done
    48hrs after pitching

have you verified the accuracy of your ISpindle, its the reason why I have been holding off on getting like that or the brew brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jitters View Post
    have you verified the accuracy of your ISpindle, its the reason why I have been holding off on getting like that or the brew brain.
    Fortunately Electronics is my occupation and I'm a freaky perfectionist.
    I assembled the ispindel myself as I didn't trust others doing the soldering etc.
    I took my scale with to get a battery exactly 44 grams. I went through all the calibration processes to the tee.
    My refractometer measured OG was 1.056 and ispindel OG measured 1.055 that's close enough.
    Granted though the readings can get just a little off as CO2 builds in the fermenter it's main purpose is to see when fermentation levels off then I can take a hydrometer reading. Can also watch for stalled ferments and not waste beer on sampling.

ahh yeah that would do it.. I cant solder my nuts to my arse so I never attempted it.

and yeah that is pretty close. lekker man!! It's always fun to watch the tickers go down. and now you dont need to waste beer measuring!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jitters View Post
    ahh yeah that would do it.. I cant solder my nuts to my arse so I never attempted it.

and yeah that is pretty close. lekker man!! It's always fun to watch the tickers go down. and now you dont need to waste beer measuring!!
    Only problem is when sitting at work I find myself checking to often lol