Page 384 of 389 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 3883

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Can't pressure transfer, unfortunately, but it's not a very hop-heavy beer so I'm not too worried. It's a Helles - it should be fine. I'm considering literally just filling the keg with CO2 and pouring in the beer from the cube. Cube is full of CO2 anyway, and this beer is going to be on tap in 10 days so I'm not worried about O2 at this stage at all.

I haven't tested to check for the off flavour. I'll take a look over the weekend when it's carbonated a bit.
    I hope by that you mean transfer via some sort of siphon?
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    Not sure if he ferments in a cube
    You obviously have not been following the updates? ... He transferred from FV to cube and its been at near freezing temp inside the cube for a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by SykomantiS View Post
    I have had to dump about half a keg due to oxidation, so I kinda believe it.

You must have done something wrong? ... like have OČ inside a keg and then forced it into the beer?

Surface OČ contact for a few minutes can do NOTHING ... everyone is suddenly pressure transfer crazy as if ALL their beers always had oxidation

Bollocks I tell you, Bollocks !!

Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    You must have done something wrong? ... like have OČ inside a keg and then forced it into the beer?

Surface OČ contact for a few minutes can do NOTHING ... everyone is suddenly pressure transfer crazy as if ALL their beers always had oxidation

Happened before I got my pressure fermenter. It was a gravity feed from a fermenter with a tap into a keg. I may or may not have purged the keg with co2, can't remember now. Probably mot though.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

You obviously have not been following the updates? ... He transferred from FV to cube and its been at near freezing temp inside the cube for a few weeks
    Probably not as I see fermenting in a cube nuts. I only thought he transferred from boil kettle to cube for no chill.

Quote Originally Posted by SykomantiS View Post
    Happened before I got my pressure fermenter. It was a gravity feed from a fermenter with a tap into a keg. I may or may not have purged the keg with co2, can't remember now. Probably mot though.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
    that must be it. ... cause atmospheric pressure will take more than a few minutes to force OČ into any beer. ... it's not a grasshopper ... it will not suddenly jump into your beer ... but that's just my take on it ... we the people are not making beer since just yesterday

that must be it. ... cause atmospheric pressure will take more than a few minutes to force OČ into any beer. ... it's not a grasshopper ... it will not suddenly jump into your beer ... but that's just my take on it ... we the people are not making beer since just yesterday
    Exactly. Old style breweries are still doing open fermentation. So much shit on the Internet

Agree
    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Agree
    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

I hope by that you mean transfer via some sort of siphon?
    Hehe actually not. I didn't transfer yesterday (load shedding), so I'm doing it today. I think I'm just going to pour it straight over. Gently and into a layer of CO2 foam, of course, but still just a simple method.