Page 385 of 389 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 3883

I would siphon..

Yeah probably will end up siphoning. Guess I should stop my lazy ass shit.

everyone is suddenly pressure transfer crazy as if ALL their beers always had oxidation
    That is not it at all. When you have the ability and tools to improve your process, or at least reduce potential issues, and you don't, then that's just stupid.

Busy with a Saphir Helles getting to boil with loadshedding.. fun

Exactly. Old style breweries are still doing open fermentation. So much shit on the Internet
    They also rack to closed vessels once fermentation completes/nears completion so that O2 won't be reintroduced to the beer. Just because it ferments open doesn't mean it is exposed to oxygen (especially once it finishes).

At least, that is my understanding of the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by SykomantiS View Post
    They also rack to closed vessels once fermentation completes/nears completion so that O2 won't be reintroduced to the beer. Just because it ferments open doesn't mean it is exposed to oxygen (especially once it finishes).

At least, that is my understanding of the practice.
    I know how O2 damages a beer after 3 weeks so I do everything I can to eliminate it when transferring to a keg. For hoppy beers I even use sodium metabisulfite in a keg filled with h2o then push it all out with CO2 before doing an enclosed transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by PaBz0r View Post
    Busy with a Saphir Helles getting to boil with loadshedding.. fun
    Done and cleaned... was fun trying to juggle work and getting everything in order.. Pitched Diamond Lager.. first time I am using it, pitched at 20c and cooling towards 12c then take it from there

Done and cleaned... was fun trying to juggle work and getting everything in order.. Pitched Diamond Lager.. first time I am using it, pitched at 20c and cooling towards 12c then take it from there
    That hop should be good. Keen to see the outcome.

At 20C it's going to be done FAST. How much did you pitch? It's a VERY fast yeast, by far the fastest lager yeast I have ever used.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Yeah probably will end up siphoning. Guess I should stop my lazy ass shit.
    And I ended up siphoning it. The "just pour it in" thing sounded great in my head but when I got to it it just seemed stupid. So I siphoned it. Worked just fine. Got a full keg and 2 x 440mls.

Should be on 12c soon.. busy cooling, was just lazy to wait before pitching. I pitched two packets, I see they mention basically 1g a L