Page 386 of 390 FirstFirst ... 286336376384385386387388 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,860 of 3896

Yep, two packets are good, specially when pitched warm. Warm means the yeast has time to multiply, which they don't do if they're pitched too cold, which is why we create starters. Warm pitching is a good buffer for underpitching.

Quote Originally Posted by SykomantiS View Post
    That is not it at all. When you have the ability and tools to improve your process, or at least reduce potential issues, and you don't, then that's just stupid.

Yea, but now everyone that has the tools and is doing it, think the rest of us is stupid for not doing it

i see it with so many of the YT channels I follow ... they all get sponsored some sort of pressure FV and the means to transfer and now they try to convince you to "BUY" the setup they have, and if you don't, you're the p03$
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

^

Exactly, and that's why I read so many ExBEERiments from Brulosophy - they dispelled most of the myths (which goes along with equipment) for me. I love how I can make perfectly drinkable beer with a coolerbox, a couple of buckets and a large pot.

Find whatever works for you coupled with the equipment that you have, as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
    ^

Exactly, and that's why I read so many ExBEERiments from Brulosophy - they dispelled most of the myths (which goes along with equipment) for me. I love how I can make perfectly drinkable beer with a coolerbox, a couple of buckets and a large pot.

Find whatever works for you coupled with the equipment that you have, as simple as that.

For sure
    I have had many an opeertuinity to purchase these fancy gadgets, they are not needed to make good beer.
    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Brewing a red ale the weekend (note not an Irish red). Non BJCP

RedAle.jpg
    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Quote Originally Posted by BeerHolic View Post
    Brewing a red ale the weekend (note not an Irish red). Non BJCP

RedAle.jpg
    What's your impression on SA hops?

Competition Helles is carbonating, and I pulled a small sample. It's not like "holy crap this is great", but it's not bad at all. I'll make it again, but just add more hops next time. It seems "lacking" to me, and yes, it's according to style, but it's just a bit bland for my tastes. There's a hint of that "flavour" I didn't like but by far the most of it lagered out. Overall a very, very lightly flavoured beer, and I think it might actually be a bit too "light", if that can be. It's a beer that went down to 1.009 from 1.048, so it packs a 5.1% ABV punch, but you wouldn't tell it from the taste.

I don't know if it's just my blocked nose, but to me it tastes like a Windhoek that's been mixed with water. This will get you very drunk, very fast, because it drinks like water. Guess I'll have to wait and see what the judges have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Competition Helles is carbonating, and I pulled a small sample. It's not like "holy crap this is great", but it's not bad at all. I'll make it again, but just add more hops next time. It seems "lacking" to me, and yes, it's according to style, but it's just a bit bland for my tastes. There's a hint of that "flavour" I didn't like but by far the most of it lagered out. Overall a very, very lightly flavoured beer, and I think it might actually be a bit too "light", if that can be. It's a beer that went down to 1.009 from 1.048, so it packs a 5.1% ABV punch, but you wouldn't tell it from the taste.

I don't know if it's just my blocked nose, but to me it tastes like a Windhoek that's been mixed with water. This will get you very drunk, very fast, because it drinks like water. Guess I'll have to wait and see what the judges have to say.
    What was your target IBU? I also hit 1.048SG with mine, will see where it ends.

Hmm.. What to brew tomorrow?? I definitely want to re-use my m54 cali lager cake again (this'll be it's 4th brew). Could I do a pils like this? Brewfather matched it to a Czech pale lager.

1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BruHaha View Post
    Hmm.. What to brew tomorrow?? I definitely want to re-use my m54 cali lager cake again (this'll be it's 4th brew). Could I do a pils like this? Brewfather matched it to a Czech pale lager.

1.jpg
    Recipe looks similar to a Pilsner Urquell. I've got one currently going in the fermenter.

EDIT:
    https://byo.com/recipe/pilsner-urquell-clone/
    Last edited by AlexBrew; 12th June 2021 at 16:33.