Page 269 of 274 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 2731

That often opens up a big debate, but quite frankly I think that grassiness is an inherent characteristic of many SA hops, overboiled or not
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Quote Originally Posted by groenspookasem View Post

no offense to sab hop users, there's a specific taste that doesn't agree with me at all and i cant tell you what it is or where it comes from
    I just had a similar experience with Sumblime and Tropic. I have 100g of each left and will likely be the last time I use them. I'll be stereotypical and stick with Citra, Amarillo etc

^ Im happy with the Tropic, but yes, that Sublime is yak

That said and I said it before, I don't get the 'grass' taste from these hops. then again i only boil for 30min
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Don't get the grass taste from these hops either and my max length of boil is 40min.
    Last edited by BeerHolic; 23rd November 2020 at 10:33.
    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

i'll chance a whirlpool brew with some sab. tropic or passion? the absolute worst that can happen is that i "gift" it and that's not a bad thing right?

Me and a bud have been debating this same thing for a while. Our conclusion was that they have a t90 blend at sa hop farms that is apparently Sdawn, S Promise and Squeen. Were like 90% convinced that its all SAB puts in their beer. At 60 or 90min. And NOTHING later. And the corn and rice is the other half of that story. Man i had the misfortune of a budweiser this weekend. FFF the rice is not my kind of adjunct

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jannieverjaar View Post
    Me and a bud have been debating this same thing for a while. Our conclusion was that they have a t90 blend at sa hop farms that is apparently Sdawn, S Promise and Squeen. Were like 90% convinced that its all SAB puts in their beer. At 60 or 90min. And NOTHING later. And the corn and rice is the other half of that story. Man i had the misfortune of a budweiser this weekend. FFF the rice is not my kind of adjunct

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
    Completely agree. The T90 blend is supposedly to balance out seasonal variances of each hop (and so they can keep producing such top quality beer )
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Quote Originally Posted by Langchop View Post
    Completely agree. The T90 blend is supposedly to balance out seasonal variances of each hop (and so they can keep producing such top quality beer )
    top quality

i guess it's similar to illy coffee (or any "brand" of coffee beans) burn it to hell in a specific way, so that irrespective of beans used, it tastes like crap.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBrew View Post
    Brewing this one today. American Amber Pale Ale.
    Attachment 2783
    I brewed a premix grainbill from BG in the past - tho it was nice, it was very rich with a heavy mouthfeel - like a milkshake - anyway, I subsequently brewed the same premix mixed 50/50 with pale ale malt and came out better (for my taste), so I got the bulk ingredients yesterday from BG (as my batch size increased from 15 to 45 litres) and mixed up this batch.
    Not doing a dryhop for this one - just whirlpool - as I feel this needs to be a bit more malty than hoppy. I've got enough hop forewards beer stockpiled - all Killer Hop offsprings with variations in grainbill but keeping some consistency in the hopbill.
    Bottled this one today - 10 days later, wort nice and clear. FG 1.012 - Just for the record. I'm sure if I used US05 instead of VOSS it would have been sub 1.010

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBrew View Post
    Ok.. taste review. I had a few yesterday with my boet. This brew has the same hopbill as the Killer Hops (except for the first bittering hops) and a different grainbill. Bottled about 10days ago - so not yet in it's prime. Anyway, not as coudy as the origional KH and of course slightly different tasting. Tho the major difference is the T90 pellets I added for bittering - aaaaaaaagrgh it's got 'that' taste. Boet asked "did you mix it with Castle Lager" - anyway overall it's good .. with the cascade centennial and citra flavours coming through but I'm noticing 'that' taste. Not using any SA hops for bittering again. Possibly have a run with SDawn sometime .. but not soon - but I think for the sake of cost this is not worth it - rather then try magnum hops - theyre on the cheaper side anyway. I will considder adding Southern Hops for late addition in future pale ales - see how that works out.
    Last edited by AlexBrew; 2nd December 2020 at 10:57.