This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
    I'm with you, on a 50liter keg every 3 weeks, but every now and then I would like to remember what my wife and I chatted about on a Saturday evening...
    So Im not the only one ?
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
      So Im not the only one ?

Haha my wife's new trick is to wake me up nice and early for uitstappies as I promised her stuff last night that I cant remember

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
        I'm with you, on a 50liter keg every 3 weeks, but every now and then I would like to remember what my wife and I chatted about on a Saturday evening...

Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• Originally posted by Jitters View Post
          Haha my wife's new trick is to wake me up nice and early for uitstappies as I promised her stuff last night that I cant remember
          Maybe she's abusing the opportunity and making up the uitstappies early in the morning..

Comment

• I'm with you guys on the stonger homebrews. My boet says my beers makes you 'diep dronk'

Though I have tried brewing some 4-4.5% beers, but they come out thin and watery. I suppose that I'm(we) getting used to the richness of homebrews without thinning adjuncts and as such your taste buds adjust to the fullness (and abv) of homebrews. Possibly that's why to have a SAB once in a while (when nothing else is available) just for a reality check..

Comment

• I can only write this down in our body's ability to adjust to situations. A bit like physical training .. gym, running cycling .. the more you do it, the harder/tougher the conditions become, the body adjusts and the fitter we get to the current situation such that we are capable of handling more load.

Become a couch potato, then getting out of bed is a shlep, instead of going for a 100km easy cycle at the crack of dawn.. no, not that Dawn!

Comment

• I'm with you guys on the ABV ~4-4.5% is where I aim. Brewed a 5.7% Neipa on the idea that I could have a heavier fuller body beer and sip it... nope drank it like a castle light and woke up on the couch :drunk:. Now I brew the 4%s!
                This time of year the temp swings between 38 - 43 deg during the day, if you think you are sipping beer in that heat you've already had too many!
                Session beers for beer sessions I say!

Comment

• I need some ideas for something to brew tomorrow? something light a summery.... any ideas? I was thinking a golden ale or blonde?

Comment

• LOL @hopingmadinZam

Originally posted by hopingmadinZam View Post
                    I need some ideas for something to brew tomorrow? something light a summery.... any ideas? I was thinking a golden ale or blonde?
                    Sounds about right for that weather

The Centennial Blonde thats posted on these forums is a great one ...

Centennial and Cascade hops ... almost like a "Baby Mad Giant"

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                      LOL @hopingmadinZam

Sounds about right for that weather

The Centennial Blonde thats posted on these forums is a great one ...

Centennial and Cascade hops ... almost like a "Baby Mad Giant"
                      That was my last brew... not much of it left now.. turned out quite nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by hopingmadinZam View Post
                        I need some ideas for something to brew tomorrow? something light a summery.... any ideas? I was thinking a golden ale or blonde?
                        If you have any belgian yeast you could do a belgian blonde or you could do Alex's duvel triple hop?

Those go down smooth and deadly

Comment

• Delicous, easy drinking.
                          The wife loves it and she is not really a big beer drinker.

Blonde.jpg
                          Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• Ended up doing this with the galaxy hops.

Brew.jpg

I forgot I didn't have any Gypsum so ended up leaving the water as is (straight from tap) as i think adding the other salts without the gypsum would have thrown it out completely ??

Wort is in cube and naturally cooling. Ended up using 2x bags again for the BIAB and once again tore one of them ... Im now convinced it's not the stitching but indeed the kak voile.

Gat is nou lam ... usually do the prepping the day before, but did everything from scratch today ... didn't even have a recipe yet when I got up this morning ... Gaan nou gat was en dan relax met n koue een voor die TV ... Go Bokke!

Comment

• Kak voile has ruined a couple of brew days for us as well.

Comment

• Doing an IRA as I needed to start using some of my whitelabs yeast. Tweaked the previous recipe and added some of the Viking Red Ale malt. Will see how she turns out.

Comment

Working...
                                X