Page 467 of 470 FirstFirst ... 367417457465466467468469 ... LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,670 of 4691

Also read the crystal malts are frowned upon, the Americans added them to their versions, but who cares! Will add a little and see.

Huh, I never knew about the caramel and toffee. Interesting. Guess I didn't make a Marzen then, but it was a damn good beer!

Quote Originally Posted by Jitters View Post
    yeah I would rather make a cali common if you want that caramel sweetness.

mmm cali common also another great beer! ensure you use northern brewer hops if you make this style,

yeah I would rather make a cali common if you want that caramel sweetness.
    Gooi a recipe while you at..

https://share.brewfather.app/LfC92Jm54ECefH

The cara gold and caramunich II is because thats what I have you can use 500gr of any crystal thats about 120ebc

The caramunich III is for color. You can sub in choclate rye if you can find.

I used high pressure coz I have it but you can use w37/70 at ale temps or any true to form cali ale yeast at lager temps.

Cant sub the northern brewer as that is the signature hop.

Its one of my favourite styles it greatly improves with a bit of lagering.

The original cali common only had 2 malts
    I have seen many a recipe online that has more than 2 malts.
    I brew the one with only 2 malts

https://shop.theelectricbrewery.com/...ifornia-common

Last time round I brewed it with chinook, prefered this to the northern brewer.
    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Make Your Best California Common | Craft Beer & Brewing (beerandbrewing.com)

mine is based on the above. I think there is many ways to skin this cat.

Make Your Best California Common | Craft Beer & Brewing (beerandbrewing.com)

mine is based on the above. I think there is many ways to skin this cat.

Yep brewed exactly the same one the first time I brewed it, but prefer the version with 90% Pale and 10% Caramel Munich III (Crystal 60).
    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Lekker ouens, thanks!

Will give it a bash, I have some california ale yeast I need to bank, so while I am at it I try brewing something with the left over yeast.

*Edit* ag no.. I should have gone for the lager variant, the yeast I am referring to is like US-05 (WLP001), not what you want for a Cali Common. Next time..
    Last edited by PaBz0r; 18th November 2021 at 08:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Huh, I never knew about the caramel and toffee. Interesting. Guess I didn't make a Marzen then, but it was a damn good beer!
    Mine also has a teeny bit of crystal malt ( < 4% ) but I wouldn't say it tastes or smells of caramel or toffee. Maybe someone who has a more discerning palate may pick it up (or not, depending on what you tell them beforehand).

I do however like a beer with that toffee caramelly note. I need to work on something malty in that vein for one of my next beers...