Page 246 of 253 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 2529

Quote Originally Posted by CaPunT View Post
    unfortunately i don't have the tools...
    Then give it to someone who has. Golden rule - never throw away alcohol! Hell I'll arrange a cube to your place to take the beer if it's shit. Doubt it will be, but anyway.

What are you brewing?

Busy mashing a simplified amber weiss! Skipping the acid and protein rests. Going for a simple 30mins at 62deg and 30mins at 71deg.

Going easy on the wheat malt as I don't want to chance circulation getting stuck...

2.5kg pale malt
    1kg wheat
    1kg Munich I
    0.4kg caramunich III

Going to be using liquid culture diy weizen on this one!
    Last edited by Rikusj; 11th October 2020 at 18:22.

What are you brewing?

Did a Maris Otter/Cascade ale, wanted something malty and I havenít use maris before, looking forward to the outcome. I had a malty pale during the week from a local burger place, made me want to give it a try.

MO is my preferred malt for SMaSH beers
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Yeah MO disappears in other malts, but it's lekker in a SMaSH. It has a malty flavour something between regular pale malt and a light Vienna malt.

Wit I brewed, turned out great, definately one of the top five I have brewed.
    Have had a few Wits on my travels and this one is even better.
    I got the right balance of spice, orange peel, coriander (used Lallemand Wit yeast).
    35% Flaked wheat, 7% Flaked oats, 24% Wheat, 34% Pilsner.
    Southern Aroma for hops

IMG_20201011_144026.jpg
    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Tried something different, maybe foolish. Did an Ale with 50/50 Vienna and Munich. Summit for bittering and lots of Mosaic in the whirlpool at 90C
    Pitched US-05 yesterday and within 3 hours it was bubbling up a storm.

Quote Originally Posted by BackOffMyBrew View Post
    Tried something different, maybe foolish. Did an Ale with 50/50 Vienna and Munich. Summit for bittering and lots of Mosaic in the whirlpool at 90C
    Pitched US-05 yesterday and within 3 hours it was bubbling up a storm.
    that sounds like something i'd do, summit works well in american styles and you can barely go wrong with mosaic. us-05 is an american workhorse to boot ! sounds good man

Quote Originally Posted by groenspookasem View Post
    that sounds like something i'd do, summit works well in american styles and you can barely go wrong with mosaic. us-05 is an american workhorse to boot ! sounds good man
    Thanks! Wednesday I dry hop the brew I did last weekend. Looking forward to both of these to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Then give it to someone who has. Golden rule - never throw away alcohol! Hell I'll arrange a cube to your place to take the beer if it's shit. Doubt it will be, but anyway.
    So I just went to harvest some yeast... I'm open fermenting it and it smells fantastic(lovely banana aroma)... took a sample of the "beer" to taste and immediately spat it out as i did.
    To say that it tastes like what I imagine licking an ashtray in a public smoking area would be is an understatement. Holy crap its awful. No way am i letting it ferment out.
    It's not throwing away alcohol if its not alcohol yet. no way in hell could I give this stuff to anyone

What blows my mind is by how much the sugars in the OG sample masked this. The OG sample tasted only slightly "roasted/toasty".
    Last edited by CaPunT; 12th October 2020 at 12:54.