91% Vienna malt
    8% Carapils
    1% Pale chocolate
    Tettnang bitter and burnout

Too cold for a beer, Buffalo Trace Bourbon

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Looking good.
      Made a lekker boma fire last night and got into some of my previous brews while my front was hot and my back was cold.
      All and all a good evening. But no brewing. Definitely warmer here then there, no need for a fire place.
      AND
      No rain in the winter!

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Who's brewing this weekend and what's on the to brew list?
        Toss up between Vienna lager or a Stout for me.

Kegging my APA and British Bitter tonight

Comment

• Finally bottling tomorrow afternoon. That's if I survive the mtb excursion early in the morning

Comment

• Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
            Who's brewing this weekend and what's on the to brew list?
            Toss up between Vienna lager or a Stout for me.

Kegging my APA and British Bitter tonight

Make it a Dark Vienna Larger then

EDIT: That brew I did at post #1478 turned out great and the keg was done with in no time
            JIGSAW
            Last edited by JIGSAW; 13 July 2019, 10:20. Reason: because I can
            The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Have a brewing session scheduled for after work tonight. Best fitting pale ale category but using Magnum for bittering and Southern Aroma in whirlpool so not exactly the typical american hop style. Will probably dry-hop with Southern Aroma as well. Really basic beer for a change, Focussing on making this super drinkable. Expecting 5.2% abv. Fermenting with LC016 from Liquid Culture.

Comment

• Brewed my 150th batch.

German Helles Export
                2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

• Hey! Well done

Comment

• Wowzer, well done
                    Cheers,
                    Lang
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

• Originally posted by Harhm View Post
                      Brewed my 150th batch.

German Helles Export
                      Well Done Harhm

My 125th brew was kegged today
                      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Brewed my 150th batch.

German Helles Export
                        Wow thats a lot. Did my 33rd all grain the weekend. Golden Ale.
                        Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• I'm doing my something-like-12th overall "brew". Not really a "brew", but eh. It's a mead.

Comment

Brewed my 150th batch.

German Helles Export
                            Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                            Well Done Harhm

My 125th brew was kegged today
                            Great stuff

Thats a $h!T load of cleaning
                            2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

• Had a really tough brewday on Saturday, a full 10 hours. Brewed my take on a Pliny and a lower abv (5.3) "90" Shilling ale. Had an engine hoist which helped lift the grain bag and was a huuuuuuge help. The temps meant I struggling getting a decent boil going without at least keeping the lid on the kettle about 50% coverage. Two 90 minute boils. Boiling 30L on a 2500w element at around 13C was a challenge. I think I need to cover the kettle in a some type of insulation of some kind.

Also decided to try starting from RO water and adding salts. It was a lot of fun learning about water profiles and different salts. Very keen to see the effects on a hoppy ale vs a malt forward beer as they were dosed accordingly. Built 2x 2l starters for both beers. First time making use of the copper coil and damn it really helped a lot.

Missed the OG on the Pliny by a BIG margin (Aiming for 1.065 and hit 1.060) but did hit the OG on the 90 shilling. This was my first attempt at a +6% beer and also the first time I have missed my OG so I have a lot to learn with bigger beers. Upgraded the fermentation room to a sealed Wendy hut and included a heat lamp wrapped in chicken wire and tin foil. I used my life savings for the hops. Used LC016 for the Pliny and Edenborough ale yeast for the 90 shilling. Pitched at 16.5 and raised to 18 after a day.

Apologies for the worst looking post I have ever seen.
                              Attached Files
                              billionairebum
                              Last edited by billionairebum; 23 July 2019, 12:29. Reason: Because it looked terrible.
                              "Well, I suppose if I’m being honest, there were a few times in the past where I admit I did have a drinking problem,

But I can truthfully say that I’ve become more responsible since then,

and today I always make sure that I have enough beer around so that I’ll never have a problem drinking again."

Comment

• Finally doing the Vienna Lager this w/end ! Stout is bubbling away...

Comment

Working...
                                X