X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats!

Comment

• Last night I had my first bottle of a blonde that I have done a few times before. I must have mixed something up on brew day and gone a bit heavier on the hops than usual because sweet mercy that beer was absolutely frikken delicious. Even the wife who hates beer quite enjoyed it. Pity about the chill haze but that was my own fault for breaking my chiller connectors by being impatient, but overall I am definitely doing this one again.
      There once was a man from Nantucket.
      Who brewed his beer in a bucket.
      He put the wort into there,
      to cut down on the air.
      Then drank it all up like a muppet.

Comment

• Originally posted by FriedPiggy View Post
        Last night I had my first bottle of a blonde that I have done a few times before. I must have mixed something up on brew day and gone a bit heavier on the hops than usual because sweet mercy that beer was absolutely frikken delicious. Even the wife who hates beer quite enjoyed it. Pity about the chill haze but that was my own fault for breaking my chiller connectors by being impatient, but overall I am definitely doing this one again.
        LOL

Nice One!
        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Originally posted by FriedPiggy View Post
          Last night I had my first bottle of a blonde that I have done a few times before. I must have mixed something up on brew day and gone a bit heavier on the hops than usual because sweet mercy that beer was absolutely frikken delicious. Even the wife who hates beer quite enjoyed it. Pity about the chill haze but that was my own fault for breaking my chiller connectors by being impatient, but overall I am definitely doing this one again.
          Funny you say that - same with my wife - she enjoying my beers more than her 'usual' wines, whereas before my brewing experiments, she wouldn' touch the SAB conconctions - even then her favourite flying fish have gathered dust in the dop cubboard since hard lockdown. Hiep hiep hooray for homebrew

Comment

• Ditto. My wife does not drink beer, prefers wine, but since I started brewing she asks every weekend for a beer especially lagers and blonde / golden ales.
            Reason why she never drank beer is because she did not like the taste (i.e. commercial beers).
            Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerHolic View Post
              Ditto. My wife does not drink beer, prefers wine, but since I started brewing she asks every weekend for a beer especially lagers and blonde / golden ales.
              Reason why she never drank beer is because she did not like the taste (i.e. commercial beers).
              sab .. Southern Blend T90

Comment

• ugh, late start - brew #1 (huell pils) in the bag and the gf is coming to temp as i type this. anyone looked at the "new" mIBU calcs on the GF app. Seems to take hopstand duration and cooling into account, but i havent played around with it just yet. bf into gf

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
                  I'm doing my version of a SAPA this weekend for the Saturday Session @ Brewcraft on 05 December.

50l batch @30 min boil
                  4.2% ABV
                  34 IBU's

SAB Pale 4.5kg
                  Pilsner 4.5kg
                  Caramunich I 400g
                  Caraminuch II 400g
                  Carapils 200g

African Queen 42g @ 30 min
                  SAB 91 N1/69 28g @ 10 min
                  African Queen 28g @ 0 min
                  SAB 91 N1/69 28g @ 0 min

African Queen 56g @ Dry hop
                  SAB 91 N1/69 56g @ Dry hop
                  Southern Passion 28g @ Dry hop

US-05

Nice clean beer with lots of hops and caramel flavours.
                  Had a lekker Saturday Session yesterday - a fantastic day with some great beers and better people! Anyone here attended?

Comment

• Will be trying the following in next batches, the article maked sense to me.

https://byo.com/article/save-hops-post-boil/

Use a clean bittering hop at start of boil to get your required IBU, no additions during boil, add all hops at whirlpool.
                    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexBrew View Post
                      Funny you say that - same with my wife - she enjoying my beers more than her 'usual' wines, whereas before my brewing experiments, she wouldn' touch the SAB conconctions - even then her favourite flying fish have gathered dust in the dop cubboard since hard lockdown. Hiep hiep hooray for homebrew
                      Originally posted by BeerHolic View Post
                      Ditto. My wife does not drink beer, prefers wine, but since I started brewing she asks every weekend for a beer especially lagers and blonde / golden ales.
                      I never drank beer before I discovered craft about 8 years ago. SAB is piss water IMHO.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
                        I never drank beer before I discovered craft about 8 years ago. SAB is piss water IMHO.
                        agreed, i enjoyed a good wine, but compared to good beer, it's a bit bland

both the fermentors are bubbling away nicely, i did hit my numbers on the saffa gumballhead but forgot how much a pita wheat can be...the wort tasted fine, there was of course a heap of hop material in suspension so it twanged a bit. i'll see how it goes once it's carbed.
                        groenspookasem
                        Banned
                        Last edited by groenspookasem; 7 December 2020, 09:34.

Comment

• Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
                          When you're there ask Ryan when he's thinking about selling online again
                          Seems you have been heard, looks like they are gearing up for it, can add stuff to your cart.. that is if you can find stuff to add

Comment

• Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
                            agreed, i enjoyed a good wine, but compared to good beer, it's a bit bland

both the fermentors are bubbling away nicely, i did hit my numbers on the saffa gumballhead but forgot how much a pita wheat can be...the wort tasted fine, there was of course a heap of hop material in suspension so it twanged a bit. i'll see how it goes once it's carbed.
                            Tell me about it. My last brew was also 3KG wheat ... a real PITA

...but brewing this side is on a slight hold. The replacement (2nd hand) keg fridge I got, after the original one died on day 1 of lockdown, is now also no longer cooling

So it's no use brewing if I can't keep the kegs cold and filling some bottles from keg to cool on a daily basis is just as big a pita .... but yea, let the hunt for a "new" (read "whatevas on Gumtree") fridge that can house 2x kegs continue.

Comment

• Try facebook marketplace as well. Found a few on there as well

Comment

• Originally posted by Jitters View Post
                                Try facebook marketplace as well. Found a few on there as well
                                Those are 90% broken fridges fix by a foreigner that's now trying to make a quick buck.
                                I DONT TRUST THESE OKES

Comment

Working...
                                X