This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looks good
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Originally posted by BruHaha View Post
      Seems to be marzen season

Mine's also going along nicely. On day 7 and at 1.020 and tasting yummy. Only 4 more points to go. Started upping the temp yesterday.
      That is a huge yeast cake!

I kegged my Tangerine Pilsner on Friday, really like the smell and taste of the Mandarina Bavaria hops.

Comment

• Cracked of SMASH the weekend. Pilsner and Mandarina Bavaria hops. Definatley get the orange / tangarine flavour, quite pleasent to me.
        Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎
          groenspookasem
          Banned
          Last edited by groenspookasem; 29 March 2021, 11:43.

Comment

• Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
            marzens all over, it's a delicious beer. i ran my huell melon pils on sunday, looking forward to that, first branch from my gen#1 skare post drying. it's bubbling away nicely.
            i also tried/tested/tasted that verdant ipa mosaic/centennial 'thing', it still has heaps of hop burn a month since i brewed it. i'll leave it for another fortnight, but im strongly considering my first drain/dump, i just dont like it at all.
            on the to brew list, dry irish stout, cali common, nz pils and another burton ipa. but before i do that, i need to stock up on malt
            More info on this "verdant ipa mosaic/centennial 'thing'" ?

What went wrong ... is it the yeast?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
              That is a huge yeast cake!

Yeah.. this was using 200ml of fridge yeast about 40 days old. Loosing 2l now

PS. For the brewfather users. This is where I capture this loss... correct?
              1.jpg

Comment

• With all the talk of Marzens... Is there a decent commercial Marzen that someone can point me to? Looking to expand my palette away from hop heavy ales, which has been my home base forever.

Comment

groenspookasem
                  Banned

Comment

nah, not the yeast. i made an english ale with verdant which is delicious. he does recommend to have it 2-3 weeks later. i do recall "blikseming" in the dry hops before fermentation ended, but didn't expect the mere 100g to burn. having said that, it's a pretty unbalanced beer with a 0.75 bugu and a measly 4.4kg grainbill. it also doesn't help that i'm gatvol of apa and am ripping through my stash of american hops to get them gone.

https://recipe.brewfather.app/YnSOBj...jKSGVol0KT5mZd
                    I don't know a lot and have learned a bit from my many mistakes...one thing I learned from researching (and then brewing) the Verdant IPA's that imo made an impact on the harshness of the hops is the fact that the dry hops is done at 15c and then immediately cold crashed for 2 - 3 days before packaging. The starting recipe @ 6% abv has a ratio of 0.6.

Based on that and my previous attempts at a NEIPA, I have to agree with some that I am sceptical about the whole impact of biotransformation. I have not yet been able to hop aggressively during high fermentation and get the same smoothness I got by just doing the late dry hops at low temps.

I will be doing a 6% version once I get my next batch out, which is a RIS.

Comment

groenspookasem
                      Banned

Comment

nah, not the yeast. i made an english ale with verdant which is delicious. he does recommend to have it 2-3 weeks later. i do recall "blikseming" in the dry hops before fermentation ended, but didn't expect the mere 100g to burn. having said that, it's a pretty unbalanced beer with a 0.75 bugu and a measly 4.4kg grainbill and 200g of hop. it also doesn't help that i'm gatvol of apa and am ripping through my stash of american hops to get them gone.

https://recipe.brewfather.app/YnSOBj...jKSGVol0KT5mZd
                        maybe give it some more time to mellow out? 0,75 bugu is on the low side of the IPA scale?

Comment

groenspookasem
                          Banned

Comment

• Just for those that might not know. The Verdant IPA Yeast is basically London III with some other strain added (added itself in the brewery) to a smaller extent based on a discussion I listened to with the brewmaster

Comment

• I will give it a skip then

Comment

• They nailed the marketing though. I bought 2. My friend 3. And based on a few what are you brewing posts so did the rest of the forum

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X