This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wessel Pieterse View Post
    Today I'm attempting my first clone brew. A Partial mash sierra nevada clone. If it turns out good I will stick the recipe in the recipes section. My thermometer was acting up so almost did not brew, but started working just before the point of no return. Seems Aegir smiled upon me this day. Nay body else brewing?
    And, how did it go?

I've brewed 4 SNPA clones (all grain), same base recipe with some mix in between, it's currently one of my go to Pale Ales that goes into KEG.

When you create the recipe post, I'll post mine in there that I did last, closest to the actual SNPA that I have tasted.

Comment

• I'm waiting for my Delerium Tremens Clone to finish conditioning, plain Apple Cider is in primary. If all goes well I will attempt a light lager this weekend...
      Do you want to be good or be praised - Epicurus
      Do what you do to the best of your ability, and blessings will follow you

Comment

• Bottled my Moerby IPA today. Nice citrus aromas :-)

Stout, IPA and Cream Ale fermenting.
        2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

• Did a speed brew Saison yesterday to use all my unused hops. Filled the urn at 20:20 and was done with cleaning at 23:30. Basically only did a 30min mash. I hit all the numbers on the nose except OG I'm 3 points off. Not sure why because pre boil OG was dead on. I'll troubleshoot tonight. Pitched a packet of Belle Saison dry at 23:45 and it was already fermenting this morning. Fermenting at 20C might let it go wild with this heatwave
          Primary: APA
          Bottled: Quad, tripel, K@K red ale
          Keg 1: Weiss. 2: Weiss. Keg 3: Air. Keg 4: Air
          Next up: world domination

Comment

• Busy day ahead for me.

I started brewing the new version of UmqomClassy last night. It is now called Sorgum Sour. It has been souring for 12 hours and I should be able to start sparging soon.

Then, an American Wheat for my bother's wedding.

Then, my second attempt at my South African Pale Ale. Last time it was too caramel-like, so I adjusted the recipe.

Let me return the brewery!

Happy brew day to all!

Comment

• Originally posted by AtronSeige View Post
              Busy day ahead for me.

I started brewing the new version of UmqomClassy last night. It is now called Sorgum Sour. It has been souring for 12 hours and I should be able to start sparging soon.

Then, an American Wheat for my bother's wedding.

Then, my second attempt at my South African Pale Ale. Last time it was too caramel-like, so I adjusted the recipe.

Let me return the brewery!

Happy brew day to all!
              wow and here i think im grand with my SA lager.
              I tried my hand at caramelizing some SAB pale, so will use that with normal SAB pale and SA hops. See what it turns out like.
              Im looking for a nice easy drinking CHEAP beer for when the friends show up.

Comment

• We did an IPA last weekend, this weekend we'll try and do either a Red IPA or else a Robust Porter. Or both.

We're doing scaled 5L mini brews. I want to do a Mini Speed Brew at next week's Worthogs meeting (if we get enough people to commit
                to attending, I'm not doing all that work for 5 people and a dog.........)

Comment

• I'm guest brewing at Copperlake today. I'm making my summer ale. Its a golden IPA with J17/63 hop.

Comment

• Halfway through the mash.

Comment

• I'm busy bringing my extra strong Belgian Saison to the boil so that I can have it ready for Christmas.

Thought I would check in and see what else everybody is doing...seems like a busy brew weekend!!
                      Slainte Mhaith!!

Comment

• Not brewing today. But tomorrow it will be the rise of the Nazi Zombie Vienna lager.

Comment

• Only brewing monday evening, will attempt a Cape Rooibos Alehttp://www.homebrewersassociation.org/how-to-brew/crafting-a-uniquely-south-african-homebrew/
                          Do you want to be good or be praised - Epicurus
                          Do what you do to the best of your ability, and blessings will follow you

Comment

• I also have three brews in the glass fermenters.

One is the base blonde ale, on which I have based the other two experiments: one with buchu leaves and the other with french oak barrel chips as fermenter additives.

Going to be bottling them tomorrow.
                            Slainte Mhaith!!

Comment

• Brewed an ESB today, similar to the recipe here
                              The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                                Brewed an ESB today, similar to the recipe here
                                Lucky bastard. That keg kicked last night

Comment

Working...
                                X