This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
    NEIPA to be kegged today, cannot wait to try it out.

Lager completed diacetyl rest, now to start turning down the temperature one degree per day for the next two weeks, will see how long this lasts as the Lager in the keg is about half way..

Thinking of tinkering with this NEIPA recipe, and add Mango puree. Yo be honest, I've tried and failed so many fruit beers that I really shouldn't, however, I have this obsession of getting one right that will taste amazing. Mango NEIPA sounds lekker, and I think I can pull it off. Off to Euroberry for some Mango Puree...same basic recipe, but will dial down the bitterness and add the Mango puree at the start of fermentation.
    Add the mango as a keg hop charge.

I did a mango and pineapple addition at the end of fermentation and the yeast ate all of it. There was no aroma/flavor left to be considered a fruit beer. All i managed was to get a cloudy beer with none of the fruit benefits.

Comment

• Brewing a farmhouse ale and boy oh boy the aromas and sample taste are amazing.

https://share.brewfather.app/do2GXMLnUpNLiP

Will keg it tomorrow to have it ready for X-mas. This promises to be the ish.

Next will rebrew my redfruit and hibiscus ale. This time considering fermenting with lallemand farmhouse or abbaye for some extra fruity flavors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maputo_Brew View Post

Add the mango as a keg hop charge.
        I use 30l kegs, so cannot really add it as a hop charge.

Will add it in the cold crash stages and see how it turns out.

Comment

just ensure its added to non carbed beer it will make it blow out if its already carbed.

Comment

This can work. Unfortunately most of the times i do not cold crash as i dont have the facilities. Only do it when i have free space in the keezer, which only happened twice...

Comment

• Originally posted by Maputo_Brew View Post

This can work. Unfortunately most of the times i do not cold crash as i dont have the facilities. Only do it when i have free space in the keezer, which only happened twice...
              Ahh yes, you the guy without a fridge! *Runs and hides* and in Mozambique nogal!

Comment

NEIPA to be kegged today, cannot wait to try it out.
                This beer came out really nice, 4.7% ABV with great hoppy character, smooth bittering and great mouthfeel. This will be my next beer for Brewcraft's Saturday Session in March/April next year.

Comment

• Just threw a Session IPA into the fermentor today.

Comment

Working...
                  X