No announcement yet.

CaterPride 50lt Dema-Clone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I've mentioned my building a 'Brew in a bucket' build as part of this exercise.

A regular 20lt White PP bucket and I procured the Grain filter and mesh for a Braumeister 20. A little pricey yes but still way less than buying an all in one brew system commercially.

The grain filter and mesh fit PERFECTLY in the bucket si I just need to cut out a section in the bottom of the bucket and I'm going to use 10mm PVC tubing to secure the filter and mesh in place. I saw this in a video I've linked elsewhere here and it works a charm. I was considering getting Food grade Silicon to fix them permanently in place but I like to give it all a good clean so it's better for me if the bucket and fittings can be easily taken apart.

I'll post more pics once the cut out has been made and the tubing been cut to size. I'm off to a braai today so no brew day this weekend but I hope to test it next weekend

I'm not sure if the last pic clearly shows how perfectly this all fits together, and yes I'm going to blank off the center part there

Comment

• Did you know beforehand that the mesh will fit perfectly ?
      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
        Did you know beforehand that the mesh will fit perfectly ?
        I took a chance on google and got the diameter of the mesh from there and compared it to the bucket. The chance said it would fit well and it worked out perfectly.

I bottled a Blonde this morning and still a bit wobbly after last night so I'll do the malt-bucket during the week sometime

Comment

• Originally posted by BackOffMyBrew View Post
          I took a chance on google and got the diameter of the mesh from there and compared it to the bucket. The chance said it would fit well and it worked out perfectly.

I bottled a Blonde this morning and still a bit wobbly after last night so I'll do the malt-bucket during the week sometime
          I did get the PVC pipe done to hold everything in place and to stop grain escaping

Comment

I did get the PVC pipe done to hold everything in place and to stop grain escaping

How does the pvc handle heat? Sure its only for mashing temps, but is it safe for that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocket-Boy View Post
              How does the pvc handle heat? Sure its only for mashing temps, but is it safe for that?

Should be 100% fine, seen it done before. Unfortunately I haven't made a plan yet on keeping the bucket off the element, still need to work a simple solution for that

Comment

Should be 100% fine, seen it done before. Unfortunately I haven't made a plan yet on keeping the bucket off the element, still need to work a simple solution for that
                Maybe stainless steel bolts and nuts to create a standandoff for the bottom?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocket-Boy View Post
                  Maybe stainless steel bolts and nuts to create a standandoff for the bottom?
                  That's the direction i'm thinking if, just trying to source the stainless steel fittings close to me, I'm lazy to drive far

Comment

That's the direction i'm thinking if, just trying to source the stainless steel fittings close to me, I'm lazy to drive far
                    Most hardware stores keep the Elkanha range of stainless bolts and nuts, they are nice and cheap and work very well.
                    You might need some stainless washers too for helping with weight distribution.

Comment

Check out Screwman's online shop. I bought a bunch of SS nuts and bolts for a speaker build I was doing a few years ago. Great prices.

Comment

Another successful brew with the urn, good boil again.

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

is this a no-chill brew?

Comment

• Originally posted by LiquidBread View Post
                          is this a no-chill brew?
                          From the shape of that container I would say yes!
                          Its amazing how much of a beating they take from the heat, got to get it in position quickly because the handle gets really soft.

Comment

• It is, I'm not faffing with chillers and all that cr@p. I can wait a day to pitch yeast.

Comment

It is, I'm not faffing with chillers and all that cr@p. I can wait a day to pitch yeast.
                              I was going to build a chiller but since I have been popping it in the cube its actually a much shorter brew day.
                              Im also happy to just pitch the following day when everything is back to room temp.

Comment

• No-Chill for life
                                The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Working...
                                X