This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BruHaha View Post
    So groenie... your marzen+ safely tucked away in the fermenting cave?
    She's a bubbling away at 25c, hit the numbers on the nose too

Right now I'm making a dough for our authentic neapolitan pizza, it's our NY tradizione. (check out Vito Iacopelli on YT - funny guy, makes good pizza) I should have started yesterday, but I'll proof it for 5h30 then fire up the kamado joe (the proper one not that cheap crap knockoff some safrican brought in from china, i looked at it some time ago, you can bring those in for R1500 - this muppet sells it for ten times the price, with a year warranty lol, the OG has a 25y international warranty)

Need to pop out to the shoppers for some fresh basil, good mozzarella di bufala, fortunately still have some san marzano sauce (check out supersconto.co.za) i'll scour for some other goodies too, but we avoid the shops like there's a plague on the go...anyway that's my new years.

2020 ended with our vacuum robot catching a mouse and dragging it around the house (it was fortunately mopping at time) no blood trails. damn cat must brought it in yesterday

Comment

• Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
      She's a bubbling away at 25c, hit the numbers on the nose too

Right now I'm making a dough for our authentic neapolitan pizza, it's our NY tradizione. (check out Vito Iacopelli on YT - funny guy, makes good pizza) I should have started yesterday, but I'll proof it for 5h30 then fire up the kamado joe (the proper one not that cheap crap knockoff some safrican brought in from china, i looked at it some time ago, you can bring those in for R1500 - this muppet sells it for ten times the price, with a year warranty lol, the OG has a 25y international warranty)

Need to pop out to the shoppers for some fresh basil, good mozzarella di bufala, fortunately still have some san marzano sauce (check out supersconto.co.za) i'll scour for some other goodies too, but we avoid the shops like there's a plague on the go...anyway that's my new years.

2020 ended with our vacuum robot catching a mouse and dragging it around the house (it was fortunately mopping at time) no blood trails. damn cat must brought it in yesterday
      Excellent. Good news!! (except about the mouse)

Aww I love me some homemade pizzas. will check it out. thanks for the tip

Comment

• Did my first one for the year, mosiac with some maris.

Comment

• Thats one serious brewing room. Almost intimidating

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
            Thats one serious brewing room. Almost intimidating

Net deurmekaar!

Seems I have ants in my plugs, lost a plug during mashout so had to dig behind everything to move a few around.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaBz0r View Post
              Did my first one for the year, mosiac with some maris.
              I must also pull my finger out my *** and brew something soon
              The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                I must also pull my finger out my *** and brew something soon
                No more blaming your lack of a fridge this year.
                Cheers,
                Lang
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

• Greeting and belated festive season wishes to all.

I too need to pull finger and get a brew going sometime. I did however come to the realization I am enjoying the brew a little too much so maybe 1 brew a month from now on

Comment

• Originally posted by Langchop View Post
                    No more blaming your lack of a fridge this year.

In fact, no fridge as yet At the moment im carbing the kegs at room temp. Then I fill 1L PET soda bottles (3 at a time) direct from keg with my carbonation-cap-adapter ... stick in fridge to cool. Once cooled I reconnect the carb cap and add more CO² and then let it sit for a few minutes before opening to enjoy. It's a PITA

Beer doesn't get chance to settle out properly this way so I get lots of yeast taste in the beer, but As 'n man dors is, wat kan jy doen
                    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Im quite proud of my recent more healthy brew.... carbonating some water in the keezer for soda on tap. Seems a good use of the equipment that I am not using much anymore, and frankly its a win that its all clean with no likelihood of contamination.

But onto real brewing. This is my next likely plan for an available brew day, which will hopefully be this coming weekend:
                      [Thanks for steering me this way Alex and Spook]

MG Killerish Hop:

3.7kg pale
                      0.8kg munich
                      0.2kg wheat malt
                      0.1kg caramunich

19g african queen 60 min
                      10g columbus 15 min
                      10g summit 15 min
                      10g columbus 5 min
                      10g willamette 5 min

US05 @ 18deg

5g willamette dry hop 2 days
                      15g columbus dry hop 2 days
                      20g summit dry hop 2 days

5g gelatin 2 days

Some possible bad combos there but hey, lets see!?
                      Langchop
                      Last edited by Langchop; 4 January 2021, 15:45.
                      Cheers,
                      Lang
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• Brewed my first NEIPA on Saturday.
                        Was going to use a lot more flaked wheat than oats, but a 1kg bag of flaked wehat was infected with weavels. (Closet LHBS 120 km)
                        After close inspection of all my other malts, I was luckily it was the only one infected.
                        The style does not really call for cara malts but decided to add some, also lower OG, don't like to high an ABV.

NEIPA.jpg
                        Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• DUDE! 60G MAGNUM FOR 60 MIN?
                          Thats almost 80ibu not 40. Are you ready for this? The rest of the recipe looks good but that magnum!

Comment

• Already brewed.
                            80 IBU no serious problem, don't mind very bitter beer, but in this case would have liked it a bit lower.
                            I did check and for some reason my altitude adjustment is enabled, I keep it disables (i.e. sea level).
                            Therefore the lower IBU.

Thanks for double checking, else it may have been a while before I realised i.e. after tasting the NEIPA

Comment

• Im confused with all those figures? If I go on brewers friend I get 66IBU at 0m and need to increase that to 3300m to get it to 48IBU.

Still seems hella bitter, so luckily you like it like that
                              Cheers,
                              Lang
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• I just checked and I get 56 IBU at 0m.

Util Factor = 0.215 (1.05 = 0.235, 1.06 = 0.211)
                                AAU = 12.8
                                Volume = 28 liters
                                Amount = 60 g

IBU = Util factor * (AAU * amount / volume ) * 10
                                BeerHolic
                                Last edited by BeerHolic; 4 January 2021, 15:34.

Comment

Working...
                                X